Question

How to fix push notifications

• 8 December 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Hello 🙂

New Mate 20 Pro user here and I am so far very happy with my purchase, except that email notifications do not show up instantly. I've read several articles on how to (allegedly) fix this with changing power optimization settings, and some other settings in special access and so forth, but it does not seem to work.

I suppose there isn't anything else for me to do, but I write this in hope that Huawei will notice this issue and fix it in an update. If anyone has some information I'd be very happy for that as well :)

Thank you.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Yes, that's what I've decided I have to do as well, thanks. I'm just not happy with "workarounds" (if that's one is to call this). I'm still open to any help if there is a way to get push for the email app as well.
Userlevel 3
There is no such setting that I can find, there is only the option to sync never, 15 min, 30 min and so on. Cannot find an "automatic" setting. Can you provide a screenshot?
I don't use the email app. I have all my email accounts going through Gmail. This includes Hotmail outlook and couple other custom email accounts. All linked though Gmail and I get notifications immediatly. In the Gmail app you can add any email account works much like the email app but much better.

Userlevel 4
There is no such setting that I can find, there is only the option to sync never, 15 min, 30 min and so on. Cannot find an "automatic" setting. Can you provide a screenshot?
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
In email, click email account settings then sync, there is setting called automatic (push) .
Userlevel 4
Update 2:

Found out that the "Email" app does not have instant push notifications, but is set to synchronize every 15 minutes at the most frequent setting.
Userlevel 4
Update:

It seems that it works somewhat better for the "Gmail" app, but the "Email" app still suffers from lack of instant push notifications. For now it seems I have to use the Gmail app for all my email accounts instead of just using Gmail for my Gmail account and the other app for other account.