Answered

How to use the 3D live scanning on Mate 20 pro

• 30 October 2018
  • 12 replies

I have bought a new Mate 20 pro and I am happy with it but I still don't know how to use the 3D live scanning object as there is no where to explain how to use this option.

Can you please guide me through some instructions how to make a use of this option?
icon

Best answer by Tony 30 October 2018, 19:12

Hi there, welcome to the forum.

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your new Mate 20 Pro. Unfortunately the 3D Live Scanning feature hasn't launched yet, this will be added in an update very soon.

As soon as this feature is live we will show you exactly how to work it. I'm looking forward to seeing what the community creates with this mode.
View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hi there, welcome to the forum.

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your new Mate 20 Pro. Unfortunately the 3D Live Scanning feature hasn't launched yet, this will be added in an update very soon.

As soon as this feature is live we will show you exactly how to work it. I'm looking forward to seeing what the community creates with this mode.
Userlevel 2
Hi guys been trying to find information or about the 3D scanning that was showcased in the live event launching.

Cannot find it much about this but as I understand it, it will come with an update at some point.

I've just received my update notification and am now on 9.0.0.122 from 108 but don't seem to have 3D scanning yet.

Any one know any details as to when this feature will launch?

Cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hello, I believe this is coming in an update this month. #hopefully
I've been using my Mate 20 Pro for about a couple of weeks now and am getting to understand it. My big question though is has anyone managed to find the AI Live Model feature that was demonstrated with the Panda at the launch?
I'm really keen to use this but can't find it anywhere.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Cardinal_Basil,

I moved your question to this thread. You'll find your answer in the comments above. 🙂
Userlevel 4
I heard it is coming end Nov and as a separate app.
Anyone know if you can export the 3D scan after it's been made? That will .make me buy one...:-)
Userlevel 4
Anyone know if you can export the 3D scan after it's been made? That will .make me buy one...:-)

From memory, I am sure you can , so that you can share the creation.
with this technology embedded in the phone its great news. if models can be export and dropped into fusion or similar for 3d printing or as the basis of a 3d model to be refined for printing that would put this phone in another league!!!

on a similar subject as the cameras are leica quality is there the possibility of leica disto software working with this phone? i see that leica distos work of photo imagery now rather than the laser... (photogrammerty?)
Hope it's released then. I've bought the phone. Great so far. Lots of great features.
You can find this on Huawei app gallery....they called ,,3d live maker,,,....but is available just for mate 20 pro and Porsche design only.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Details are in this thread :

Click here