Question

Huawei Mate 20 Pro dual clock issue

• 11 March 2019
  • 7 replies

Hi everyone,

New to android and Huawei, but currently living it. The only issue I'm having is with the dual clock on the lock screen. I'm currently away with work in Australia, one of my clocks is correctly displaying my home town location and time, yet the other is displaying the right time and date but the wrong location? I'm currently in Melbourne, yet it is displaying my location as Tunbridge Wells, UK. As I've checked and there isn't a Tunbridge Wells in Melbourne or Australia. Weirdly both my home address and Tunbridge Wells are very close, and also weird how the date and time are correct to my location. If anyone could help that'd be great as it's driving me mad.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Will_taylor,

I'm happy to hear you have got yourself a Huawei device! I hope you're enjoying its functions!

Regading your inquiry, the clock is showing the regional time for the specific area. If the place is close, it is automatically detecting the time from the specific place.

This is strictly an area matter, the phone is just picking up the network location.

Hope this answers your inquiry.

Best wishes,
Max
Max has not been to school so he does not know that Australia and UK are two different countries far far away from each other... sad....

Huawei has a BUG it needs to fix it or my next phone will be a SAMSUNG... The dual clock location DOES NOT work correctly. it is a fact.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Alexandredp,

Please be nice to Max. We are doing our best to help you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hey @alexandredp,

Sorry about the misunderstanding!

This is definitely a bug that should be fixed easily. Have you tried resetting the Watch app?

To do that, please open Settings > Apps & notifications > Apps > Clock > Storage > Tap on Clear Data. Also make sure that the Location Services are enabled, then try setting the dual clock up again.

Let's see if this works.
Max
I'm pretty sure this "bug" is an issue with the Weather widget that seems to be triggered by nominating a "Home" city.

So even if you switch off the "show dual clocks" feature in the Clocks app, this will be overwritten by the Weather widget behaviour if youve nominated a Home city that you're not currently in.
I am working from fixtheclockapp tip which finally seems to be the smartest and most useful feedback I got so far...
There is a very tight correlation between the dual clock system and the default weather widget indeed...
kuddos to you bud, I am closer to a solution... well I hope...
... cheers
I'm pretty sure this "bug" is an issue with the Weather widget that seems to be triggered by nominating a "Home" city.

So even if you switch off the "show dual clocks" feature in the Clocks app, this will be overwritten by the Weather widget behaviour if youve nominated a Home city that you're not currently in.

I deleted the home city and that fixed it for me. Thank you!