Huawei Mate 20 Pro fingerprint sensor unlock

• 6 January 2019
  • 7 replies

I'm using Huawei Mate 20 Pro now, i have set my fingerprint sensor to unlock my phone, but why I can just swipe up the screen to unlock the screen when I have set the fingerprint sensor?

7 replies

Userlevel 1
It's probably because the face unlock (assuming you've got that set up) has already unlocked the phone
Userlevel 1
Or you have setup the smart unlock features in the lockscreen password settings
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi yoonseng,

In regards to your question, please go to Settings > Security > Face Unlock Settings > Turn off Smart Lock, then try again.

Also, please make sure that you press on the fingerprint enough so it is recognized.

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 4
Badge
I'm using Huawei Mate 20 Pro now, i have set my fingerprint sensor to unlock my phone, but why I can just swipe up the screen to unlock the screen when I have set the fingerprint sensor?

I've got the same issue as @yoonseng and it's so annoying as well as being incredibly insecure.

It's not got anything to do with the fingerprint being recognised or not @Max as you don't even have to press that to unlock, just swipe up. and as it happens Face Unlock is ALREADY turned off

Just yet another example of the quality of the EMUI release or lack of BETA testing!!😫
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @smeeghead

I see that you have facial recognition turned off, so that rules out the most straightforward possibility (that the phone is unlocking before you get to the point of using fingerprint).

The second possibility is that you have Smart Unlock enabled. This enables you to set trusted locations and devices which will keep your phone unlocked and is found in Settings > security and privacy > lock screen password > smart lock.

If you have not set any trusted places, etc. then the only alternative I can think of is that somehow the screen lock setting has been switched off in developer options. This could have happened by mistake if you've been looking around in there.

You can access developer options by going to settings > system and tapping 'about phone' repeatedly (about 5-7 times) until the developer options appear. Be careful not to mess with anything in there that you don't understand (I don't) and check to make sure that the 'screen lock' option hasn't been switched off.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @Jmoon

Thanks for the extensive and comprehensive reply but you missed out one option that I think that it also could be.

I checked the smart lock setting as you said and the OnBody detection was enabled so I'm going to see if that being switched off makes a difference

Cheers
In the situation that you can't unlock your HUAWEI, you can take your HUAWEI to the sevice, they will help you to unlock it if you can provide the exact invoice. We have another easy way to unlock HUAWEI without password. With the detailed guide, we can unlock HUAWEI in several steps.