HUAWEI MATE 20 SERIES - Recommended features to be added in the future software update

• 11 March 2019
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello everybody,

I want to address the below to the decision makers regarding the future software update.

I am a proud owner of the Mate 20 X, i used the phone for 1 month now and i have some remarks listed as below:

• Double tap to wake up does not exist: The hardware supports this feature but it is not implemented in the software, i am always obliged to grab the phone to unlock it or push the lock/unlock button.
  • Always on feature is so native : we want to have many choices regarding the Always on features.
  • Notifications display on the locked screen or Always on to be enhanced.
Hope that my message reaches the right people : )

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
SeyfTN

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi SeyfTN,

Thank you for your suggestions. I will ask our support team to forward this to our developers.

Did you see that there is a long thread for Mate 20 (Pro) issues, bugs and feature requests? You can find it here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @seyfTN

Thank you very much for your suggestions! The info has been forwarded to the development team for a future update.

We always appreciate the feedback and suggestion from our community!

If you have any other questions and inquiries, please let me know! :)

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 1
Hi @Max,

Thank you for your positive feedback.

I have another thing to add:
Ambient display notification is a good to have in the future.

As a question do you have the date of the next update release of EMUI9?

Thanks a lot,
SeyfTN
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey SeyfTN,

Please see this topic and this topic about notifications. And at the moment we cannot give support on software / EMUI updates on the Huawei Community. Please see this topic for more information. 🙂
Userlevel 1
Hey SeyfTN,

Please see this topic and this topic about notifications. And at the moment we cannot give support on software / EMUI updates on the Huawei Community. Please see this topic for more information. :)

Hi @Amy,

Thanks for sharing more details regarding the notifications.
But I was talking about ambient display when receiving a notification. I don't want to enable screen light when receiving a notification. Some brands have this like OP 6T.

Please check below a screenshot.

Thanks,
SeyfTN
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Welcome back @seyfTN!

What a great idea!

Kudos for taking so much time reporting your feedback and suggestions to us! We will make sure it's worth while.

Please keep us posted if you have other ideas!

Max

Please add tap awake. It is a major accessability issue for people with disabilities. You make beautiful phones but I may be forced to return mine do to the absence of this basic feature. Please escalate this issue on the list of future mate 20 x software updates. 

Userlevel 1

Please add tap awake. It is a major accessability issue for people with disabilities. You make beautiful phones but I may be forced to return mine do to the absence of this basic feature. Please escalate this issue on the list of future mate 20 x software updates. 

This is a cool idea. But actually there is an option called Pick up to Wake device you can activate it. It is very handful.