Question

Increase device sound output on Mate 20 Pro

• 30 January 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi, I recently purchased a mate 20 pro and I am loving it.

When I connect the device to the car stereo via bluetooth, the output volume is very very low, (it's like 20% of the full volume), dispite I have already set to 80% volume on the device. so I have to turn the volume to much louder.
A few times when I switch back to the car radio, the sudden increase of the sound scared the people in the car, it had happened a few times.
Is there a way to increase the device defult sound output (not just adjust the volume key on the device).
I have use iphone, and Samsung to connect to the car, others doesn't have this problem, only my mate 20 pro.
Can anyone help please.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I have very low wired headphone volume too on my Mate 20 (non pro). I noticed the difference when I upgraded to 9.1.
Is there any prosess in this? 8 Mount ago the developer departement should look into it. New post keep coming, because the volume is too low, I can't even use the alarm to wake me up

I've tryed out at least 15-20 volume booster, but doesn't help when you have Huawei 20 lite, boost will sounds like crap since signal is to weak. I could have saved the money used to by headphones to this ☹️

Tip! While we waiiting..... a slightly boost without disturbance I got by turning of automat sound adjustment and installer *MAX volume boost" from Google play.
But I can't promiss you a miracle, only a little hope so you might ser the sky. But you will mot fly, with Huawei.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hi, I recently purchased a mate 20 pro and I am loving it.

When I connect the device to the car stereo via bluetooth, the output volume is very very low, (it's like 20% of the full volume), dispite I have already set to 80% volume on the device. so I have to turn the volume to much louder.
A few times when I switch back to the car radio, the sudden increase of the sound scared the people in the car, it had happened a few times.
Is there a way to increase the device defult sound output (not just adjust the volume key on the device).
I have use iphone, and Samsung to connect to the car, others doesn't have this problem, only my mate 20 pro.
Can anyone help please.

Hi Ricky F, I also use my Mate 20 Pro to play music in my car via Bluetooth, sometimes playing local MP3/M4A/WAV files and sometimes streamed through Spotify etc. Different audio sources can have different volumes, as can different players. When connected to headphones (or other outputs that are recognised as headphones) the volume will default to a lower setting to avoid unexpected loudness you mentioned, this is also to help prevent hearing loss through sustained loud volumes when using headphones. Once connected to the car Bluetooth, turn up the volume on the handset to 100% and this will more closely match volumes from other sources like the radio. I hope this helps.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey all,

Thanks for the tag @smeeghead. I asked the support team to follow up on this topic as soon as possible. It might take a few days before they reply, so please if you are in need of any assistance right away, contact the support team via chat or hotline.

Have you tried a factory reset? This might help. You can find a how to here. Please let us know if this solved the issue. 🙂
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @Ricky F

This is now sounding like it is a general issue with the 'headphone' volume on the Mate 20 Pro

I myself (and other users) have experienced very low volumes when using the headphones, and the Bluetooth functionality of connecting a car stereo is simulating being a set of headphones when you look at how they are connected in the Bluetooth options on the phone.

I think this needs more technical input don't you @Amy

Regards
Smeeghead