Answered

Instal default weather app on Mate 20 Pro

Hello I accidentally uninstalled default weather app on Huawei mate 20 pro and now can't find it. Could anyone tell me please where to find this default weather app? Thank you in advance!
icon

Best answer by Max 26 November 2018, 20:29

Hi J. Jonaitis

No worries there are 2 options in this case. The first one in the Huawei AppGallery you can search for weather and install the default one once more, or if it came with the phone it will be present once more after a factory reset, but the first option is simpler of course.

Hope you found this helpful and as always if you need any further assistance please feel free to contact us via forum or via mail, chat or hotline at https://consumer.huawei.com/

Best wishes,
Max

View original

36 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi J. Jonaitis

No worries there are 2 options in this case. The first one in the Huawei AppGallery you can search for weather and install the default one once more, or if it came with the phone it will be present once more after a factory reset, but the first option is simpler of course.

Hope you found this helpful and as always if you need any further assistance please feel free to contact us via forum or via mail, chat or hotline at https://consumer.huawei.com/

Best wishes,
Max
Hi Max,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I was actually trying to find the original weather app in the huawei AppGallery, however there are lots of similar apps alike and I struggled to find the one which was originally installed. Maybe you could share a link for that app or a screenshot for me to know which app is it? I would appreciate it very much!

Thank you,
Jon
I've got same problem, unable to find huawei weather in AppGallery 😞
By my informations should be fine if anyone with Huawei Mate 20 pro install APK Extractor and share it for us
https://www.wikihow.tech/Extract-APK-File-of-Any-App-on-Your-Android-Phone
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi all,

Sorry i was not specific enough in the prior post, when you search for it in the huawei app gallery its the first recommendation it gives.

Hope this was helpful,
Max
Sadly not in my search 😕

Have the same issue on the wife's mate 20 Pro. Cannot find the app in AppGallery. Interestingly when you go into settings/apps and click o. A regular app FB, Instagram etc. It will take you to I do page. Click on a Huawei app and I get a,'Not available in your location' message.

This I think is why the app does not show in the Huawei app store.

I've tried vpns to various countries to no avail. Unable to vpn to China though which could possibly solve it.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi all,

Sorry to hear its not appearing in the search on the App Gallery, as a quick solution the system app will reaper with a factory reset .
If you could PM me with the IMEI and Build Number of the devices with a #App in the subject of the PM i will be able to flag this and have our IT department take a look into it.

Hope this helps.
Best wishes,
Max
Hi, I am having the same issue. Default apps should be visible to all regions
I am having the same problem, the app is not searchable in the Huawei AppGallery. I'd very much appreciate if Huawei could solve this problem. Perhaps give a link to manually download the APK.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi all,

If the app is not visible for the respective region please PM me with the details of the phone and the region and we will make sure to look into the matter.
As I mentioned above, if the app is not present in the app search and you wish to use that particular app, since it is a system app it will be restored by a factory reset.

Best wishes,
Max
I also have the same issue, surely we don't have to do a factory reset just to get the default weather app back? It should be available from the Huawei App Gallery and clearly indicated as a Huawei vendor app for reinstall!

Can someone at Huawei address this and provide an update here ASAP please?
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @emanative,

Sorry for the trouble.

If the application is not present in the Huawei App Gallery, a factory reset will bring it back, rest assured.
We understand this can be a hassle, hence we will bring this to the IT department acknowledgement so in the near future if a pre-installed application is deleted by mistake, our users will be able to re-download it from the AppGallery without having to go through with a factory reset just to get the app back.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us! 😀
Max
Hi Max, yes that is a hassle, I think I'll live without the weather until I can reinstall the App from the Gallery!

Thanks anyway.
I had the same problem, and I will wait until can install from the Gallery. Let us know please when we could do it. Thank you so much for your help
You'd think it would be easy to add their own weather app to their own app store...

Max has been helpful, it'd just be nice to see a resolution.
I've extracted the huawei weather app from my mate 20 pro.

Apk is available from here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ifevvce5sa380q9/Weather_com.huawei.android.totemweather.apk?dl=0

Hope this helps
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Please do not download any application outside of the google play store or Huawei store.

The only safe way to install the default weather app is unfortunately to factor reset.
Unfortunately my phone won't let me install the Dropbox supplied .APK, even though I have the settings set to allow it.

Thanks for trying. Good to know someone is.
Same problem here thought I was deleting the second weather app I had installed.

Cannot believe there is no easy solution or that even uninstall was possible if it's OS critical.

My phone is UK from Three
I'm having exactly the same problem
I've already had to factory reset twice due to mazinelock faults.
Surely it's easy to upload the app tell us which it is and we can all reselect it from the App gallery?
If I have to reset again will all my notes, contacts photos etc all come back automatically?
I did the reset today, yes the weather came back.

I did a back up first using the HiSuite software.

It didn't restore email accounts which was annoying, everything else seems ok
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hello,

If a backup has been successfully done, you will be able to restore all the data on the mobile device.

The info will be stored via the HiSuite app on the computer and you will be able to retrieve it from there.

Best wishes,
Max
Yes it is a hassle.
My bank app is linked/locked to my Phone
So I can't jus simply reset the Phone
There should be a link to download the app, PERIOD
I am facing the same problem on my P20 which makes me annoyed so much! This is kind of rediculous to be able to delete default app and never be installed again. Furthermore, judging from the first conversation being started several months ago and no actions being taken since then, I doubt if HUAWEI takes customer's opinion as primary issue. I strongly ask HUAWEI to upload default weather app on HUAWEI app gallery so that users who acccidentally delete it can download it again.

Thanks

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings