Answered

Instal default weather app on Mate 20 Pro

• 25 November 2018
  • 46 replies

Show first post

46 replies

Hi!
Since I'm facing the same problem on my Huawei P20, and there is still no sollution; I'd like to ask if retrieving the original Weather app will also retrieve the clock widget (the big one) on my home screen? This is because I lost the clock altogether with the weather widget when accidentally deinstalled the app this morning! Just to mention that I still have the clock appearing on the upper right corner of the screen.
Thanks for the answer.
That working for me
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78820539&postcount=12
Hi myhy23!
Could you, please, type the full command line for ADB shell cmd in order to restore the default weather app?
Many thanks!
ADB shell cmd package install-existing com.huawei.android.totemweather
do you mean:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\platform-tools\ADB shell cmd package install-existing com.huawei.android.totemweather

or?
Thanks!
You type exactly like in comment (or you can copy/paste from comment)
But how?

My phone is currently connected to the PC and ADB works properly because I can see my device in the cmd list by typing command "adb devices"

Please, advise how to transfer the command "ADB shell cmd package install-existing com.huawei.android.totemweather" to my Mate 20 RS?

Please, give more detailed insructions.

I appologise for the stupid questions but I'm not an expert in this field.

Thank you in advance for your support!
step 1 make sure your phone is connected by run adb devices in adb

step 2 copy (ctrl+c)
ADB shell cmd package install-existing com.huawei.android.totemweather

step 3 go to adb window and paste (ctrl+v) command, then press enter

for selecting text you keep left clik pressed
you can also copy/paste by selecting text and right click
make sure you select only the command, without space. the good command is bolded and italic

look like that when it's successful https://ibb.co/S6TQH4t

sorry for bad english.
Userlevel 1
Hi,

I am getting error message that Package com.huawei.android.totemweather doesn't exists.
Any help?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@hiroakiohoshi

I am sorry to hear about your experience with the preinstalled Weather app.

Every piece of feedback is appreciated and it is passed forward to our development team for further analysis and consideration. I hope that this can be sorted out as soon as possible for you and other users.

Let me know if you have other questions 😀

Best regards,
Max
So I found out how to reinstall it back
Basically you need to make a seacond user on your phone(I forgot how to do it)
And go to Huawei App Gallery > Manager (in the lower right corner) then select installation manager
Then you should be able to see all the apps on your phone (it doesn't matter on which user it show all the apps on your phone) then keeps scrolling down till you see the weather app then you can install it
Hi, having the same issue. Deleted the default weather widget as the location was not automatically updating and thought reinstalling it may fix the problem. Now I can't reinstall it as it is not in the play store/ app gallery. I don't want other widgets/ apps as they come with ads etc. Can you please advise?
Hi,

I also getting the same error in adb
- Package com.huawei.android.totemweather doesn't exists.

Any other easier way to get back my default weather+clock widget without the pain of factory reset?
The default Weather on Android phones, including this Huawei, isn't an app, its a 'widget'. No need to go to the app store, reset to factory default or through any other rigmaroles mentioned on this thread.

Just go to the home page, press and hold an empty space, select 'widgets' from the list at the bottom, scroll to 'Weather' and select it and then the layout option you want.

Depending on the blank space and layout selected, you might need to move things around on the home page to get everything where you want it.
Hey guys.
First of all, there's no such thing as a widget without an app. Yes, the weather thing on the home screen is a widget, but a widget that is provided by the weather app.

Today I accidentally deleted the Huawei stock weather app, so I was like most of you - accidentally rid of the clock & weather widget that I like a lot.

I was checking all the posts in this thread, here's my conclusion:

- the default weather app is not available in the Huawei app gallery or the play store in my region
- all the available apps did not satisfy me
- factory reset would work, but I just spent a day to set up my Huawei P30, I don't want to do that jzst again, if not necessary
- I didn't try the adb install as posted in the thread. I would test it, but found another solution in the meantime
- Huawei does not recommend to install apks from unknown sources (only from gallery or playstore)
- However, the default security settings show, that there are many apps where Huawei's default setting is to allow 3P apks (I changed that in the meantime, as I think the default setting is very dangerous, installation from the file manager or the stock browser are enabled!)
- It has been reported in this thread, that some apks didn't work
- This one, did work for me: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/huawei-internet-services/huawei-weather/

Have a good one!
Hello,

I uninstall weather app from my device and cant get it back.
There in no weather widget at app gallery, some people wrote at web that factory reset will return it but I dont want to do it.
Any other way to return weather widget back?

Thanks for reply
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@Kokodak , I moved your post to this topic to avoid duplicates as others are discussing the challenge of reinstalling the weather app here. Hope this helps.

The default Weather on Android phones, including this Huawei, isn't an app, its a 'widget'. No need to go to the app store, reset to factory default or through any other rigmaroles mentioned on this thread.

Just go to the home page, press and hold an empty space, select 'widgets' from the list at the bottom, scroll to 'Weather' and select it and then the layout option you want.

Depending on the blank space and layout selected, you might need to move things around on the home page to get everything where you want it.
Hi, I found the official Huawei weather app in Huwei Appgallery, to install it you must change the region to China and find the application and install it. I installed it and it doesn't work for me, but first try it, maybe it'll work for you.
**An important requirement is that you have Emui version 9.1 to be able to install application. Here I leave you the link:
Encontré una aplicación excelente en AppGallery. ¡Pruébala!https://appgallery.cloud.huawei.com/ag/n/app/C100836941?locale=es_US&source=appshare&subsource=C100836941&shareTo=com.google.android.apps.messaging&shareFrom=appmarket
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
I extracted the default Huawei Weather app from my phone and uploaded it here. Let me know if it works for you.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ah2FYd4dQYXMtsBC1qJHYEynMTPxSw
I had the same problem on my P30. The answer from ItsRKM above helped me - thank you!

I could find the weather app, but wanted to reinstate the weather info at the top of my home screen, which (I now know) is a widget not an app.

Follow tsRKM advice "Just go to the home page, press and hold an empty space, select 'widgets' from the list at the bottom, scroll to 'Weather' and select it and then the layout option you want." Although on a P30 drag 2 fingers in to access the widgets
On a related note, I noticed that when my phone had a system update recently, the weather app stopped making its lovely sound effects. I can't seem to find an option to turn them on again. Is it possible to download an earlier version of the weather app? Or is there another way to bring back the sound effects? Many thanks!