Answered

Is there a way to increase volume when headphones are used?

• 22 November 2018
  • 35 replies

Show first post

35 replies

Ok I just recently got a Mate 20 Lite and while speaker volume is ok I deffenetly felt bad about the cabled audio, while it is an unconventional way to fix the issue I stumbbled into an app called Volume Booster by Goodev on the playstore it only took a tweak to a 10% to get some decent audio keep in mind that these will boost the whole volume on the phoneIt's a good phone (hardware) apart from that. Those apps are reasonable at doing the job and 'Histen' can be tweaked to provide proper sound levels, but it's something Huawei could easily fix (like so many other issues) but simply doesn't bother.

Totally its something that developers should keep an eye on but so far thats what we get so in the mean time anything will do
I have my 20 pro for a few days. After two days of use the 9.1 EMUI update came in. I noticed two things:
  1. The volume was significantly lower than before.
  2. The sound quality was worse, I couldn't believe it was the same device as before. On EMUI 9.0 the sound quality was (for my ears) on par with my iPhone X. After the update absolutely not!!
I have the same problem. I need a higher max volume with my headphones. I have P20 pro. My friend with P30 pro says the same...
I have the same problem. I need a higher max volume with my headphones. I have P20 pro. My friend with P30 pro says the same...

GregG, does your headphone have it's own volume button?
Same problem on P30 Pro.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I have my 20 pro for a few days. After two days of use the 9.1 EMUI update came in. I noticed two things:
  1. The volume was significantly lower than before.
  2. The sound quality was worse, I couldn't believe it was the same device as before. On EMUI 9.0 the sound quality was (for my ears) on par with my iPhone X. After the update absolutely not!!

Unfortunately I have to agree. Prior to the 9.1 update headphone volume at max was very loud. Now with the 9.1 update, headphone max volume is much quieter. So much so that I could barely hear the dialogue of a movie I was watching when I was on a tube train. An issue I never had when on 9.0. Definitely the update did it.
Hey I was using my Bose bkuethoot headphone with my last Samsung and it work perfectly even have to put the volume down, now I got the P30 I tried to use in the gym today and I could hardly heard my music, how can I fix this issue I love the phone and I do t want to get rid bloff it.!?
Userlevel 4
Hey I was using my Bose bkuethoot headphone with my last Samsung and it work perfectly even have to put the volume down, now I got the P30 I tried to use in the gym today and I could hardly heard my music, how can I fix this issue I love the phone and I do t want to get rid bloff it.!?

Huawei could fix the issue as it doesn't appear to be hardware related. I have no idea why they refuse to do so, but given how many small and easy to fix issues there are with Huawei's software, it's not surprising.
@Ricagoma, does it make any difference when you use the volume settings on your headphone?
Userlevel 1
Badge
I apologize for the delay in coming back to you.
Thank you for bringing this into our attention, regarding the last update.
We can escalate your matter to our development team, so we can solve it as soon as possible for you with a system update.

In order to make a request, can you please send me a private message with the serial number and current build number of your phone, the headphones model, with the mention #volume.
You can find the serial number in Settings > System > About phone. Please do not post either number on this discussion.
To send a private message, simply click on my name in the discussion post. In the new menu that appears, select "Send message".

Looking forward to your reply!

Charlie T.🤓