Lots of Qs from Ex Apple user now mate 20 pro

• 17 March 2019
  • 6 replies

Hi guys I have a few questions/niggles that are frustrating me. Hoping you can help.

Ideally I want to be able to fix all issues on the phone itself without the need to connect to a laptop.

1. Phone clone worked but didn't transfer my pictures in album just in one big gallery? How can I get back into albums?

2. All photos repeat in both Huawei gallery and Google photos as default? I only need one. Can you just delete the other?

3. Big issue: all my music artwork shows up in my photo gallery so I have thousands of albums covers mixed in with my normal photos. It takes ages searching through my photos. I don't want to see any music artwork in my photo albums just on the music app when I play music. How can I hide this simply? It's for driving me mad! I don't understand the terminology around creating a no media file etc.

4. With Huawei mail how do you restore deleted emails to inbox. Doesn't seem to give the option but the trash button is where the reply button is on iPhone so easy deleted!

5. I deleted the Huawei alarm and weather by accident and they are no where to be seen in the play store. Surely there is an easy way to restore other than factory reset!?

Is a great phone; just some of the software niggles cause unecessary issues and leave it to the user to resolve what the software should already be doing in the background!

Thanks in advance

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Neilashcroft, Welcome to Huawei and welcome on the Huawei Community!

If I'm correct @Jmoon, @adamrose1309, @muataz mohamed, @Golden, @Barks and @Pamcakes all switched from iPhone to Huawei. Anyone able to help here? 🙂
Userlevel 2
Badge
Yes how can I assist?
Yes how can I assist?
Hi Barks
Can you help with all of my QS above at all?
Many thanks
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi guys I have a few questions/niggles that are frustrating me. Hoping you can help.

Ideally I want to be able to fix all issues on the phone itself without the need to connect to a laptop.

1. Phone clone worked but didn't transfer my pictures in album just in one big gallery? How can I get back into albums?

2. All photos repeat in both Huawei gallery and Google photos as default? I only need one. Can you just delete the other?

3. Big issue: all my music artwork shows up in my photo gallery so I have thousands of albums covers mixed in with my normal photos. It takes ages searching through my photos. I don't want to see any music artwork in my photo albums just on the music app when I play music. How can I hide this simply? It's for driving me mad! I don't understand the terminology around creating a no media file etc.

4. With Huawei mail how do you restore deleted emails to inbox. Doesn't seem to give the option but the trash button is where the reply button is on iPhone so easy deleted!

5. I deleted the Huawei alarm and weather by accident and they are no where to be seen in the play store. Surely there is an easy way to restore other than factory reset!?

Is a great phone; just some of the software niggles cause unecessary issues and leave it to the user to resolve what the software should already be doing in the background!

Thanks in advance

Sorry I didn't see the post above.
I'll answer what I can..
1. Same thing happened to me..
2. All my photos have remained on iCloud. Haven't gotten around to moving them across. Probably won't as its quite large.
3. No idea as I stream Amazon music.
4. If yiu need to restore deleted emails don't use the native email app use another one and see how it goes
5. Try the huawei app gaery to re download them.
The other stuff good luck.

Even with the niggles it's still fun to use. And it's so fast.. I can see how seamless apple is though.. Syncing iCloud backing up etc.
None of the issues are fixed!! Can you help please?

1. Phone clone worked but didn't transfer my pictures into the albums that they were organised in but just in to one big gallery? How can I get back into albums?

2. All photos repeat in both Huawei gallery and Google photos as default? I only need one. Can you just delete the other app without losing all pics?

3. Big issue: all my music artwork shows up in my photo gallery and individual photos so I have thousands of albums covers mixed in with my normal photos. It takes ages searching through my photos. I don't want to see any music artwork in my photo albums just on the music app when I play music. How can I hide this simply? It's for driving me mad! I don't understand the terminology around creating a no media file etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @neilashcroft

Welcome to the Huawei family and congratulations on your purchase.

Allow me to dive right in to your questions 🙂
1. Yes the structure of the transfer would be 1 big album. You can manually sort them after the transfer.
2. The gallery is showing the pictures that you have also backed up. By going to Gallery - 3 dots top right - Settings - you can check and uncheck the cloud option there.
3. Simple way would be via a pc - here you can see them all more clearly and delete or move them
4. The email app that comes preinstalled on the phones is a simple tool that facilitates reading and writing on the service you connect to. As such a deletion on it only effects what is displayed on the phone regularly. For a direct administration of your email account please check with the email provider for the settings apps or services they recommend.
5. Any standard app on the phone is not within playstore or Huawei App gallery, but within the system recovery of the device. If you do a factory reset these apps will reinstall automatically.

Hope you find this helpful,
Max