I'm a frequent user who appreciates good audio.
Since Mate 20 pro was released without a headphone jack, I thought of using my own external DAC to play music from my phone. However I have not been able to as somehow using OTG USB to my DAC it powered it up but audio is not routing there but instead plays on the phone speaker itself.
It has been a dreadful experience as I do not get to enjoy music via my DAC.
Today I stumbled across few posts and some mentioned to turn on performance mode and reverse wireless charging. I have tried it and confirmed that turning on reverse wireless charging somehow works, with my audio going through my DAC. However with reverse wireless charging, the problem is it will automatically turn itself off if there is no wireless charging initiated.
steps that was taken:
1) Turn on Performance Mode
2) Turn on Reverse Wireless Charging
3) Plug in my OTG USB DAC (Audio played through it)
4) Turn off Performance Mode (Audio still works via DAC)
5) Turn off Reverse Wireless Charging (Audio disconnected)
6) Turn on Reverse Wireless Charging (DAC detected and audio works through it)
7) Wait till Reverse Wireless Charging turns off by itself (audio disconnected)
Repeated steps 6 and 7 for another 2 times, result remained the same.
9) Plug out and in the OTG USB DAC whilst Reverse Wireless Charging remained on (Audio still work through DAC after connecting it to phone)
From here it is obvious that somehow turning on reverse wireless charging worked albeit only for a while.
Huawei, I beg you please work on this and find out a solution to this.
Best answer by BarneyT
We appreciate the customer's input and are very thankful that you took the time to write these suggestions regarding Mate 20 Pro.
Your requests have been passed on to the development team and we can assure you that they will be taken into account for future updates & development.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any kind of problems in the future. You can also send me a private message for further assistance. Have a lovely day!
All the best,