Answered

Mate 20 lite - All SD cards appear as damaged

Show first post

192 replies

stasas wrote:

Nice to hear that, what does that mean? That we would just have to update, or we will have to send phone to servis?

According to their statement we should wait for the update. I wasn’t given an ETA but they said the issue has priority because many users experience it.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi stasas,

If you can pm me with the details of the phone and a few followup questions that would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Max
Flo9 wrote:

stasas wrote:

Nice to hear that, what does that mean? That we would just have to update, or we will have to send phone to servis?

According to their statement we should wait for the update. I wasn’t given an ETA but they said the issue has priority because many users experience it.

Update 2: Just received an email from Huawei with the clarification that the information they provided me was outdated. They tried to solve it via update but it failed. The faulty devices have to be sent in for repair.

Good job Huawei.
Hi. I have the mate 20 lite 64gb. I have had it about a month. So far it has corrupted my scandisk 200gb card (class 10) and so I bought a new 128gb scandisk (class 10) and yesterday it has corrupted that as well. Please help. Is there anyway I can get these cards working again? Luckily I also back my pictures up on the cloud as I had over 3000 pictures on my 200gb card. Also they cost slot of money! ☹️
Userlevel 4
Flo9 wrote:

Flo9 wrote:

2 different Mate 20 lite. Both newly bought Samsung SD cards. Also tried about 4 old SD cards. Frequent SD card damaged notification. Sometimes works after restart. It's very annoying. Waiting for a fix or I will return the phone. Found many threads on the web with similar issues. It's not just a problem of a few faulty devices.

Update: I talked to the support team and they confirmed that it’s a software problem and an update is in the making. It should be released soon. It may be possible that the sd-cards suffer permanent damage (I can hardly imagine that) and they advise to remove the card until the update is released.

I wouldn't hold out any hope for that update, at least based on my experience. Huawei Support told me that an update should be released 'very soon, within the next week' to resolve many issues that the 8.2.0.131 update caused. That was a couple of weeks a go.

It would be nice if Huawei either expanded beta programme access, allowed updates to be directly downloaded using HiSuite (when ready), or provided realistic time frames for updates. If they said 'three weeks', for example, then that's fine - I would wait for an update. A simple website where it an update schedule is placed would be even more helpful.
Userlevel 2
Flo9 wrote:

Flo9 wrote:

stasas wrote:

Update 2: Just received an email from Huawei with the clarification that the information they provided me was outdated. They tried to solve it via update but it failed. The faulty devices have to be sent in for repair.

Good job Huawei.

If this is true, goodbye Huawei smartphones, I'm going back to Samsung!
Userlevel 4
DanKnott wrote:

Hi. I have the mate 20 lite 64gb. I have had it about a month. So far it has corrupted my scandisk 200gb card (class 10) and so I bought a new 128gb scandisk (class 10) and yesterday it has corrupted that as well. Please help. Is there anyway I can get these cards working again? Luckily I also back my pictures up on the cloud as I had over 3000 pictures on my 200gb card. Also they cost slot of money! ☹️

You might be able to get these cards working again using the official SD Association tool from here. If this doesn't work, there are other more extreme options but they involve a lot of time.

Warning: You will lose all data on the SD if you use the official tool.
Userlevel 1
Has anybody received a phone back from service?
Is it confirmed that service fix works?
i really like the symmetry in f this device.
Userlevel 1
Friend of mine sent the device to service twice.at first time they change the "motherboard" but it still didnt work, with the second time they upgraded the software, still no success. It seems like nothing works 😕 iam very dissapointed of huawei service. My phone still didnt come back from service. They should all give us new phones!
Same problem here in Germany, i changed the phone with new one, and still i have the same problem...
Userlevel 4
Stere wrote:

Same problem here in Germany, i changed the phone with new one, and still i have the same problem...

Bad production run of phones? It would be nice if Huawei commented on this.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hello all,

In case that all the troubleshooting presented above are not effective for some, the last step would be to have them inspected by a Huawei Service center.
To facilitate the service repairs or inspections for the UK region we offer a postal repair service that is free of charge, for in warranty repairs.
To make a booking you just need to contact a huawei operator via https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/ either by mail, chat or hotline.

Hope this helps.
Best wishes,
Max
Hello Guys. Got my brand new mate 20 lite like 2days ago. Used a brand new Scandisk 32g and then got a brand new Scandisk 128g today. Both sd cards pop up with the issue as mentioned by everyone....... Seriously cant believe this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi LouisJean,

Welcome on the community. Sorry to hear that you are having these issues. Did you try the troubleshootings in this topic? Please let us know what things you tried and if you need any further assistance.
Hi Amy,

Thank you, yes i have tries all of the above.

So far i have not yet received the error again, but will keep an eye on it.

Will emui 9 fix the issue?

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi LousJean,

Thanks for your swift reply. I don't know if EMUI 9 will fix this. But I'm happy to read that you didn't receive the error again. Please let us know if this happens again!
Hi Amy,

So frustrated with this Mate 20 lite...... Sd card was working fine all day long and then just started giving errors every 10min..........

If this is how its going to be I'll much rather go back to Samsung and I can tell you a lot of people on this forum is going to do the same

Thanks LJ
Userlevel 1
Hello, the service in Slovenia denied that there is anything wrong with recognizing SD card, so they wont give me new phone. I came home with my phone and the message "sd card is corrupted" appeard again. I am sick of Huawei service really. My next phone will definitely not be Huawei anymore!!!! Such a shame. Bye.
Max wrote:

Hi stasas,

If you can pm me with the details of the phone and a few followup questions that would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Max

I will sue them. One month phone from Greece and the goes on with the sd card.
Tommorow i will talk with my lawyer,
I am facing the same problem on the mate 20 light witch i ve bought it one month ago.
They act in the official Huawei service that they dont know what the problem is. I left there 2 times and still the same problem that the sd is damaged, I will sue them to return mo money back.
Tommorow morning i will send them a law suit to the company and the official company. |
I had Samsung all my life and never experienced something like this. They refuse to recognize the problem and they refuse to change the device.
Amy wrote:

Hi LousJean,

Thanks for your swift reply. I don't know if EMUI 9 will fix this. But I'm happy to read that you didn't receive the error again. Please let us know if this happens again!

We are receving it every single day and the phone is shutting down, This is a discrace.|
Userlevel 3
Just updated to SNE-LX1 8.2.0.134 (c432) that was pushed to me on 06/12 10:00am CST.
I Will follow up on the topic as soon as (and if!) the failure continues.
Userlevel 1
Managed to get a DOA replacement and received a brand new Mate 20 Lite three days ago. Updated to SNE-LX1 8.2.0.134(c432) and using it with an old "faulty" sd card. So far no problem at all. 😎
Userlevel 3
aaaand SD card failure again. OTA update SNE-LX1 8.2.0.134(c432) did not solve the problem for me in this case.
4 hours for the failure to happen again after new updated version, on a known-working SD card 64gb sandisk class 10.

SD card has been working great in LG v20 for days.
Took it out, installed in Mate 20 lite, formatted inside phone and copied 5 gb of media via USB cable.

Other users; did the OTA update work for you?

This is very frustrating Huawei youwerethechosenone.meme :(
----
BTW thread would still be "open" and by all means not solved yet.

Userlevel 1
Today I received the same error with a brand new phone and the new firmware. I had enough. Bye bye Huawei..... Returning back to Sams......

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings