Answered

Mate 20 Lite - EIS (Electonic Image Stabilization) aka videos without shaking. Camera function not available since EMUI 9

• 16 August 2019
  • 18 replies

Surprised this hasn’t been posted yet but videos are a shaky mess on the Mate 20 lite currently. I haven’t had the device long so updated to EMUI 9 within a few days of owning it. As I understand the Mate 20 lite should have the option to have EIS switched on when recording 1080p 30fps. This certainly matches with the reviews I’ve read on this phone which would’ve been written when the phone had EMUI 8.

But on EMUI 9 when I have the phone set to 1080p 30fps recordings it certainly doesn’t EIS switched on. Videos are all shaky and there doesn’t seem to be any option to switch EIS on.

Is there any way EIS can be switched on in EMUI 9.0.1.164? Or is this something Huawei are aware of and looking to amend when EMUI 9.1 is rolled out on the Mate 20 Lite?

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by JackJ 17 August 2019, 09:42

Hi there @crooky!

Thank you for reporting this to us!

Could you please send me the Serial and Build numbers of your device in PM, so we can check on this upgrade from our end, possibly release a patch for it?

Looking forward to your reply!
Jack
View original

18 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Hi there @crooky!

Thank you for reporting this to us!

Could you please send me the Serial and Build numbers of your device in PM, so we can check on this upgrade from our end, possibly release a patch for it?

Looking forward to your reply!
Jack
Thanks for getting back to me. I've just sent over those details now.
Hi is there any update on this? I provided my details via PM but never received anything back.

I've just today got the 9.1.0.215 (C782E2R1P1) update but there still seems to be no where to change any settings related to EIS and the videos still appear to be shaky.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hello @crooky!

Sorry for replying late!

I will check the message where you have sent us your details, and I will come back to you with a private message!

Please be patient, it won't take long!

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
Hello guyz,
My Mate 20 lite also lacks in EIS after EMUI 9 update. The videos are shaky like there is no EIS at all.
Did you find a solution for the issue?

SNE-LX1
9.1.0.215(C432E4R1P1)
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Hi @crooky and @NikolaKlin

Just double check that beauty mode is not enabled and set to zero before recording video. If it is set to 1 or more EIS will not work. It must be on 0. Just tap on the face icon near lower right corner of camera app
Hi @crooky and @NikolaKlin

Just double check that beauty mode is not enabled and set to zero before recording video. If it is set to 1 or more EIS will not work. It must be on 0. Just tap on the face icon near lower right corner of camera app

Thanks Tboy,

Beauty mode is always off for me, but i stil cant see that there is EIS in the backgroud.
I compared with videos made on EMUI 8.1. There is a big diference.
Following! I also have the same issue with my P10, its so shameful that I have to use much older iphone 6s that has no problem with Stabilisation!
Any other suggestions?
Hello @crooky!

Sorry for replying late!

I will check the message where you have sent us your details, and I will come back to you with a private message!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT

Hello. I haven't received a PM regarding this issue as of this morning. It looks like the issue isn't unique to myself or even the Mate 20 Lite going by the other replies.

Has this been passed onto the relevant technical teams to check?

Let me know if you need more detail.

Hello @crooky!

Sorry for replying late!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT
Hello. I haven't received a PM regarding this issue as of this morning. It looks like the issue isn't unique to myself or even the Mate 20 Lite going by the other replies.

I have tried resseting camera app, clearing data and all other tricks i know but nothing worked so far.🤔

Hello @crooky!

Sorry for replying late!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT

Okay I've left it 2 weeks now and still no reply in this thread or via PM. Is there any updates on this please?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi @BarneyT, is there any update on this issue?
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hello there @crooky !

Can you please check if you sent those details to me? I have checked my inbox and I was unable to find your message. If you haven't message me yet, please send me your details in a private message.

Have a lovely evening!

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues! You can send a private message as well, if you want this kind of assistance!

All the best,
BarneyT
Hello there @crooky !

Can you please check if you sent those details to me? I have checked my inbox and I was unable to find your message. If you haven't message me yet, please send me your details in a private message.

Have a lovely evening!

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues! You can send a private message as well, if you want this kind of assistance!

All the best,
BarneyT

Thanks for getting back to me I've sent a PM to your account.

I sent the original message to @JackJ as he was the first to ask for a PM. I thought your original post in this thread implied you could read PMs that I'd sent to other Huawei forum staff.
Hello again. I'm sure it's a busy time with all the new Huawei phones coming out but the Mate 20 series is only a year old and should still be getting ongoing support.

Any news please on whether or not the technical teams are now aware of the issue?
Hello again. I'm sure it's a busy time with all the new Huawei phones coming out but the Mate 20 series is only a year old and should still be getting ongoing support.

Any news please on whether or not the technical teams are now aware of the issue?

I hate to say that we are left behind, but unfortunately it looks like it.
Not cool at all

Not cool at all

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until the end of the year as they will be currently very busy.

If there's nothing by 2020 then you can make your own conclusions on how well they really support devices beyond the first 6 months.

For now I wait in hope.

@BarneyT
@JackJ
@Danjl

Not cool at all
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until the end of the year as they will be currently very busy.

If there's nothing by 2020 then you can make your own conclusions on how well they really support devices beyond the first 6 months.

For now I wait in hope.

@BarneyT
@JackJ
@Danjl

I think i get more attention from my wife when she is upset than on this topic
This is realy sad. At least say it out loud that "EIS is no longer available after update to Pie 9.0"
I would like to hear/read it officially.
Thank you