I haven't seen a thread dedicated to issues with the Mate 20 Lite, so hope people can add their issues to this one. I have two Mate 20 Lite phones and another Android 8.0.0 without a notch to compare with.
- Icons: Not enough room for notification icons (due to EMUI and the notch. From what I've seen, applies to all Mate 20 devices)
- Notification LED: Far too dim - almost useless. An option to increase the brightness would, I believe, be appreciated by all users.
- Notification LED: The LED supports multiple colours. Adding an option to EMUI to change colours for different applications would be appreciated.
- Notification LED: The functionality of this is almost entirely removed when using the Smart View Flip Case (discussed more below).
- Smart View Flip Case: When using this case, the text is blurry and hard to see.
- Automatic brightness: This doesn't appear to work correctly. It turns the screen brightness down to a point where it's impossible to see the screen in a dark room.
- GPU Boost: I've read reports that this feature will be rolled out to Mate 20 Lite users, but I can't see a confirmation.
- Updates: My mobile network (Vodafone) is incredibly slow at releasing any form of update. I have updated both of my phones and only the July security updates are included. One EMUI update was found (a fix to resolve a WIFI issue)
Now the biggest issues I have with both phones: build quality.
- The USB type C port wobbles/moves up and down when plugged in. This is appalling.
- The USB type A end of the cable doesn't fit into the charger of one unit. I am charging both phones with one charger. I would RMA the devices but my network only accepts a full return, not individual items. I spent over three hours setting up two-factor on just one phone, so really don't want to wipe the phone back just for a charger.
- The overall build quality is good, but the USB parts of the phone really let it down. My score goes down to a 5/10 due to this, compared to a 10/10 if the phones did not have this issue.