Answered

Mate 20 lite screen dimming problem

Whwn will be solved screen dimming problem on mate 20 lite. And also there is a problem with some cyrilic characters in smart keyboard apk
icon

Best answer by Stevep1980 9 February 2019, 22:47

Anyone still having issues with the screen dimming. If you have developer options enabled and the animation scale is off on all the settings. This is what was causing my screen to dim after a few seconds. So I changed it all to 0.5x and the screen dimming has stopped 👌

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @vova82,

Happy to hear that you are using one of our devices.

We wish to inform you that the screen dimming in certain apps it's a feature of the Android devices from Android 7 to Android 8, not an issue.. When switching between apps, depending on your screen resolution, the app will automatically change the screen light, such as youtube for example.

Also, addressing your secondary query, could you kindly attach a print screen of the situation you are facing?

I am looking forward to your answer!
Max
How to disable that function of apps controlling screen dimming. As for keyboard problem video is attached.
https://vimeo.com/309148527
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @vova82,

Unfortunately the brightness dimming feature can not be enabled or disabled, but thank you for your feedback in regards to this, we will forward this further to our IT development department.

As for the keyboard Cyrillic characters, have you changed the pre-default set language in both the settings of the phone and Keyboard?
Additionally, have you tried using a different keyboard to see if you are facing the same situation?

Keep us updated!
Max
As far as I know in phone there is no option to change pre-default language to serbian cyrilic. Problem persists with every other keyboard except swift keyboard.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @vova82,

Thank you for getting back to us.
Could you please tell us if you are getting the serbian cyrilic characters on the pre-installed keyboard that came with the device (Gboard)?
As you've specified in your first post that you are using the smart keyboard apk, kindly be informed that we do not recommend unauthorized application or third party applications as we can't vouch for their proper functionality.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max
I got my Mate 20 Lite just 3 days ago. Since day 1 i noticed that when i enter an app (Especially an app with white background gmail, instagram) the screen automatically dims down. It gets so dim that it's even uncomfortable to see.

I remove the auto brightness adjust but the issue still remains.

Any help?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @mgz069,

I moved your question to this thread. Please read the previous posts and let us know if you have any other questions.
thank you @Amy

Dear @Max this issue is very annoying and i hope that your IT department can sort this out during a future update.

I read in a lot of sources that this feature discourages many Huawei users.

I hope it is taken under consideration.

Thank you all
Are you really trying to fob customers off by saying its an android problem???

I've had androids for years and this has never happened until I got a huwaei phone!!

So I ain't buying it
This is not a feature of android....

I have set my brightness to full and the screen doesn't dim when accessing diff apps.

As soon as you lower the brightness of the screen that's when it starts to dim after a couple of seconds when opening an app.

This is a huwaei fault not an android fault, which is why it hasn't happened on any of my last 6 android devices 🙄
Anyone still having issues with the screen dimming. If you have developer options enabled and the animation scale is off on all the settings. This is what was causing my screen to dim after a few seconds. So I changed it all to 0.5x and the screen dimming has stopped 👌
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @Stevep1980,

Thank you very much for providing us with your suggestion!

I have marked it as the best answer. 🙂

For the users experiencing the screen dimming situation, let us know if the response from Stevep was helpful!

Cheers,
Max
@Stevep1980 THANKS!!!

I tried everything but this works!!

I feel like a got a new phone.

Have a nice day!
Not helping in my.case. Screen still dimms
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @vova82,

Do you have auto-brightness enabled by any chance?

Best regards,
Max

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings