Answered

Mate 20 Lite: Smart View Flip Case

Userlevel 4
Question
The Smart View Flip case is mostly useless. The text is too small and the front part of the cover doesn't touch the phone screen (manufacturing issue?). It would be helpful if someone could answer the following:

1. Why doesn't the front part of the case touch the device?
  2. Why are only the time, date, partial weather, and icons (at random) displayed? How can I add Facebook, Twitter, etc. notifications or increase the size of the tiny date? There don't seem to be any options for this case apart from pedometer.
Suggestion
I have spent a little bit of time trying to create something that would be useful (in my opinion), but actually readable from more than 10cm. The designs fit into the current space allocated.

HTC
HTC managed to create a great case for the HTC M8 that was actually useful, and it also used an IPS display (actually a similar technology labelled 'SuperLCD that is comparable to modern IPS displays) . It also displayed notifications if configured to do so. Maybe Huawei's software team could take a few pointers.

icon

Best answer by Max 26 November 2018, 20:19

Hi Piers,

Thank you for the wonderful constructive and creative feedback, for your questions i have forwarded them upwards for more clarifications.

Love the designs and best wishes,
Max

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi Piers,

Thank you for the wonderful constructive and creative feedback, for your questions i have forwarded them upwards for more clarifications.

Max
Max wrote:

Hi Piers,

Max

Hello there,

I just found this thread and I am pretty interested, if any progress happenened since then? I'm on a Mate 20 with a Smart Cover and would love to see more notifications and maybe music controls for third party players like Spotify etc.
Userlevel 4
awes0me wrote:

Max wrote:

Hi Piers,

Max

Hello there,

I just found this thread and I am pretty interested, if any progress happenened since then? I'm on a Mate 20 with a Smart Cover and would love to see more notifications and maybe music controls for third party players like Spotify etc.

Since making this thread, I've come to understand that software evolution is not-existent with Huawei, meaning the chance of the company creating any sensible changes is less than 1%. I only use my phone as a replacement for my landline now. There's no other reasonable use for it.
Userlevel 1
Piers wrote:

awes0me wrote:

Max wrote:

Hi Piers,

Max

Hello there,

Since making this thread, I've come to understand that software evolution is not-existent with Huawei, meaning the chance of the company creating any sensible changes is less than 1%. I only use my phone as a replacement for my landline now. There's no other reasonable use for it.

Quite melodramatic haha. Emui 9.1 is on its way with the new p30 pro so maybe some improvements will be included in that.
Userlevel 4
Mike335i wrote:

Piers wrote:

awes0me wrote:

Max wrote:

Hi Piers,

Max

Hello there,

Quite melodramatic haha. Emui 9.1 is on its way with the new p30 pro so maybe some improvements will be included in that.

Realistic observation based on my experience with multiple Huawei devices over many years. Hardware quality is excellent. Software quality and innovation is atrocious.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Even more useful would be an 'always on' display that stayed on when using the case πŸ˜‚

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings