Question

Mate 20 Pro and Google Pay

• 17 December 2018
  • 34 replies

Show first post

34 replies

Userlevel 4

You could always use it as an excuse for not buying any Christmas gifts 😬

Hah! That's exactly what I've been doing these couple days, buying them that is 🙂

But thank you. And yes, I am a bit anxious. I'll try to be patient 🙂
Hi,

My mate 20 pro LYA L29 have just been updated to the latest firmware official from Huawei 9.0.0.168 and suddenly Google Pay stopped working.

And now when I check SafetyNet check I get CTS mismatch.

Is this expected? How do I get Google Pay to work again?

Thanks.
Hi,

My mate 20 pro LYA L29 have just been updated to the latest firmware official from Huawei 9.0.0.168 and suddenly Google Pay stopped working.

Thanks.

Exactly the same issue for me - was working fine here in Australia on my Mate 20 Pro until the official Dec 2018 security update installed itself a few days ago ...now I can't use my cards on the NFC reader at physical stores using Google Pay.

Hi,

Thanks.
Exactly the same issue for me - was working fine here in Australia on my Mate 20 Pro until the official Dec 2018 security update installed itself a few days ago ...now I can't use my cards on the NFC reader at physical stores using Google Pay.

Same for me too, from Australia as well and I have a Huawei mate 20 pro LYA-L29 too and after the December patch google pay has stopped working.
The issue has been fixed in latest update 9.0.0.183 at least for me.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @bjorsim

Stupid and obvious question I know, but do you screen unlock your phone BEFORE trying to do contactless as android will not allow you to use it unless the phone IS screen unlocked (security feature)

Cheers
@smeeghead
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Please bear in mind, that barclays does not support google pay, you have to use their barclays own apps to pay contactless etc...
This maybe the reason why for some of you contactless might not work.

ironically they do support apple pay.
My issue is that I can't even add any of my credit cards as payment metnods to Google Pay on my "Mate 20 x". The cards are in my Google account, but I can't register them in the app. The error result says: "Can't complete set up for contactless payment".

Note: Oddly, I successfully did it on my HONOR 8X MAX (also a Hauwei, although that runs Android 8.x).

I tried everything I kmow, including uninstalling / reinstalling the Google Pay app.

I have the Chinese version.

Any ideas? Thank you.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hello everyone!

Thank you all for the feedback!

Hopefully the issue was solved by this time. If someone is experiencing the same problem, we are here to help you!

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any kind of problems in the future. You can also send me a private message for further assistance.

All the best,
BarneyT