Mate 20 Pro camera keeps crashing in Pro mode

I'm on firmware 108 and since the last couple of days, the camera keeps crashing when trying to take photos in Pro mode with RAW save switched on.

Anyone else with the same issue?

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hello ritayan_m,

Could you please pm me with the IMEI and full build number of the device?

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Yes, me too, but not just in pro mode. Can occur using night time and just normal photo mode. Also affects ability to use facial recognition.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hello Jmoon,

Could you please pm me with the IMEI and full build number of the device?

Best wishes,
Max
Same issue here
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi vidauri19,

Please send your IMEI and build umber to Max. 🙂
I'm having the same issues on camera app and gallery. Without warning camera will be closed when taking pictures or gallery app will be closed when viewing pictures. And the last picture taken before shutdown will always be inaccessible.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @RicardoJ

In regards to the situation you are currently facing, we would recommend the following steps below:
1.Please clear the cache and data of your camera app, this will not delete your data no worries. To do so, please go to Settings > Apps > Camera > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data > Restart Device.
2.Kindly perform a wipe cache partition of the device from the recovery menu.

Additionally, could you kindly perform a factory reset of your device? You can find the steps on how to do this here .

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max
Hi Max.

I have already done all that you have suggested x2. It doesn't work.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi all,

I wish to inquire something further if possible, are you using a third party launcher by any chance?

As this is known to cause issues with the camera as third party launchers are not 100% compatible with our devices as they use the EMUI launcher- which I do strongly recommend to use.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Max
No not using any third party launcher.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @RicardoJ,

Sorry to hear of the situation of your device, and thank you for providing us with all of the troubleshooting steps you have attempted.

In this case I would recommend having the device inspected by one of our engineers at the service center for a more hands-on approach.
For the UK region you can arrange the service booking via mail chat or hotline (at 08000886700 free of charge of course) via https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/
Or if you would like I can also facilitate this for you via PM.

Hope you found this helpful.
Best wishes,
Max

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings