Mate 20 Pro - EMUI9 issues, bugs, dislikes, feature requests

Show first post

167 replies

Missing an icon hidding feature.

I set alarm for everyday but don't need the "alarm icon" next to the battery icon all times.

As same as "location icon", "NFC icon" is not needed all the time at the top of the screen. Even if NFC is ON.
Userlevel 1
I just bought a Mate 20 and love it.
However I noticed that I can't use my favorite app "auto speaker" to enable loudspeaker automatically when far from the ear because access to the loudspeaker is not allowed.
It seem this is true since many generations of Huawei phones and I saw there is a very similar function in the settings, under smart assistance called "smart speaker" that automatically disable the speaker when far from the ear.
Since the functionality is already more or less present, could you go a step further and enable also the speaker when far from the ear?

Thanks!
Request auto rotate lock. I notice that when in bed, the phone has a tendency to change orientation based on the slightest tilt. So wondering if there could be a feature to lock the phone in landscape mode to avoid this flipping.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
tyw7 wrote:

Request auto rotate lock. I notice that when in bed, the phone has a tendency to change orientation based on the slightest tilt. So wondering if there could be a feature to lock the phone in landscape mode to avoid this flipping.

Hey @tyw7

You can turn off auto-rotate from the pull-down settings. This seems to be the equivalent of an auto-rotate lock 👍
@Jmoon Well it locks it in portrait rather than landscape. There is no way to lock it in landscape. I believe that stock Android P does but Huawei doesn't seem to have implemented that feature.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
tyw7 wrote:

@Jmoon Well it locks it in portrait rather than landscape. There is no way to lock it in landscape. I believe that stock Android P does but Huawei doesn't seem to have implemented that feature.

Ah, I see. In that case, seems like a handy feature to add.
Userlevel 1
00christian00 wrote:

I under smart assistance called "smart speaker" that automatically disable the speaker when far from the ear.

I meant when near the ear, can't find the way to edit the post.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
00christian00 wrote:

00christian00 wrote:

I under smart assistance called "smart speaker" that automatically disable the speaker when far from the ear.

Hi @00christian00

You can edit you post by hitting the three red dots in the lower right-hand corner.
Userlevel 1
Jmoon wrote:

00christian00 wrote:

00christian00 wrote:

Hi @00christian00

You can edit you post by hitting the three red dots in the lower right-hand corner.

I can edit the last one but not the one before. I think there is a time limit.
Userlevel 1
Can I request that we can enroll a second face in face ID for example when wearing sunglasses?
I've also heard people that have enrolled their face when wearing makeup can't unlock it when they aren't wearing makeup the next day

Thanks
AOD Screen on this phone reminds me of a 2017 phone where aod would only show clock...why huawei why???
My wife was using Note 9. She always buys the same phone as I do, same color and same time. This time, when i turned on my phone before my wife, she realized that it doesn't support 3rd party AOD notifications, she just said she is going to return this phone. And she returned. I kept it since I love the camera and hoping one day Huawei will bring AOD notifications, otherwise I will switch to something else.
RAM management is pretty aggressive on my 4 GB RAM Mate 20. But it also happens on the 6 GB Pro as well. Maybe turning that a bit down could help.

Also, it would be cool to include an AI feature that remembers in which lighting conditions I turn the screen brighter and darker, so that it handles that automatically with my preferences in mind (Auto-Brightness on)

Lastly, I really love the gestures, but it would be cool to swipe thumb in the right direction for forward navigation instead of just backwards.
Nobody seems to have discussed this, but when using fingerprint sensor, sometimes (1 in 10?) there will be a sharp burst of light green light across the screen for a split second before the screen unlocks. Like a camera flash. This is annoying and harmful to the eyes especially in low light situations.
Just bought mate 20 lite and frustrated about one thing: Why we can't select different notification sounds for different apps? Had this feature in most of the phones I owned in the past and its pretty ridiculous we don't have this feature on 2k18 phone..
baranmod wrote:

Just bought mate 20 lite and frustrated about one thing: Why we can't select different notification sounds for different apps? Had this feature in most of the phones I owned in the past and its pretty ridiculous we don't have this feature on 2k18 phone..

I believe you can select different tones. I did it for whatsapp atleast.
mathrania wrote:

baranmod wrote:

I believe you can select different tones. I did it for whatsapp atleast.

Well, yeah, some apps let to do it via their notifications settings, yet most of the apps doesn't have this feature

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings