Mate 20 pro from EE with no phone protector

• 26 October 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
I received my Mate 20 Pro today from EE, iv unboxed it only to find no silicone phone protector inside, my Mate 10 Pro came with one and a pre fitted screen protector, how come my Mate 20 Pro has nothing but the scratch protector on it which you remove, very disappointed with that, is there anything I can do to get one free?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hello, year I know what you mean I got the same with the mate 10 pro, it wasn't sold to be included. I guess as the launch event mentioned some cases for the device they want to get you to buy one of those, which will be better quality for sure
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Some networks actually choose to take devices without certain things in the box to keep costs down. A common example is phones without chargers in the box.
Userlevel 5
Hello, year I know what you mean I got the same with the mate 10 pro, it wasn't sold to be included. I guess as the launch event mentioned some cases for the device they want to get you to buy one of those, which will be better quality for sure
I actually complained about it, they tried to tell me it doesn't come with one, but I wasn't having any of that, I told them EE obviously remove it when they brand the phone, anyway they have credited me with £30 can't argue with that, also the proof of pre order had the wrong info on it and had my Mate 10 Pro details had to ring them back up again to complain about that too... I usually buy from Carphone Warehouse to avoid these kind of complications and an Unbranded phone. Maybe I should of stuck to that.
Userlevel 5
Some networks actually choose to take devices without certain things in the box to keep costs down. A common example is phones without chargers in the box.
I'd send it back if it had NO! charger in the box, that makes no sense to me, that's like buying a car with no wheels.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Some networks actually choose to take devices without certain things in the box to keep costs down. A common example is phones without chargers in the box.I'd send it back if it had NO! charger in the box, that makes no sense to me, that's like buying a car with no wheels.

The reason behind it is most people already have several chargers at home, it's just the plugs they don't put in boxes you always get the cables. When a network opts to remove items from the box it reduces the cost price of that device, this is why One Plus never put headphones in their boxes.
Userlevel 5

Some networks actually choose to take devices without certain things in the box to keep costs down. A common example is phones without chargers in the box.I'd send it back if it had NO! charger in the box, that makes no sense to me, that's like buying a car with no wheels.
The reason behind it is most people already have several chargers at home, it's just the plugs they don't put in boxes you always get the cables. When a network opts to remove items from the box it reduces the cost price of that device, this is why One Plus never put headphones in their boxes.

Ummm ok I get that, but personally for me I want what's meant to be in the box, probably an old school thing 🙂