Answered

Mate 20 Pro Google Maps Voice Failure

• 4 February 2019
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Folks,

It's the 1st time I've used the google maps to help me navigate on my new Mate 20 Pro last night, and I had the weirdest of experiences. It would say a direction BUT it would drop parts of the speech. It would do this 2 or 3 times in a row and then the next direction would be fully spoken!! It was doing this for the while journey of 1.75 hours!

Never had this issue on my P10 10+ so was wondering if anyone else has experienced this??
icon

Best answer by Max 5 February 2019, 17:00

Hi @smeeghead,

Happy to hear that you are using one of our devices!

In regards to your inquiry, we would recommend the following steps below:
1.Remove your google account and add it back again. This might sound silly, but is an easy step which can potentially resolve the situation.
2.Reset your Google Maps application. To do this, simply go to Settings > Apps > Google Maps > Force Close > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data > Restart your device.

Additionally, could you kindly perform a factory reset of your device? You can find the steps on how to do this here .

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @smeeghead,

Happy to hear that you are using one of our devices!

In regards to your inquiry, we would recommend the following steps below:
1.Remove your google account and add it back again. This might sound silly, but is an easy step which can potentially resolve the situation.
2.Reset your Google Maps application. To do this, simply go to Settings > Apps > Google Maps > Force Close > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data > Restart your device.

Additionally, could you kindly perform a factory reset of your device? You can find the steps on how to do this here .

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @Max

That seems to have cured the problem as I use the maps again last night HOWEVER, there is an even more strange issue now.
Using the voice on the internal speaker, nearly every time it gets to the end of a spoken phrase, there is what I can only describe as a a loud click as though the voice were being transmitted over a phone and that had been hung up!!

It's the weirdest thing I have come across so far, and was happening the whole time throughout my 50minute journey last night.

Regards
Smeeghead
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Hi @Max

That seems to have cured the problem as I use the maps again last night HOWEVER, there is an even more strange issue now.
Using the voice on the internal speaker, nearly every time it gets to the end of a spoken phrase, there is what I can only describe as a a loud click as though the voice were being transmitted over a phone and that had been hung up!!

It's the weirdest thing I have come across so far, and was happening the whole time throughout my 50minute journey last night.

Regards
Smeeghead

Gee whiz bud you've had some amount of weird stuff happening with your phone🙈. I use Google maps every day as I'm at different addresses all the time but mostly cause I've no sense of direction 🤭. Can honestly say I've had neither of these issues but I did once get two different voices giving me directions a man and woman which was pretty funny.
I'd guess it's just a random bug your dealing and will probably not happen next time you launch the app but definitely keep an eye on it.
Regards Jase.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @smeeghead,

In that case, can you please PM me the Serial Number of your device so I can look into this matter further?

You can find this information either on Settings > About phone > Status or on the box of the device.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @Max

just sent you a message

cheers
smeeghead
Userlevel 4
Badge
And it's been a while @Max but yet again the issue has reappeared. The google maps settings have the Play Voice Over Bluetooth switched off, but the voice is played over bluetooth.

Totally unacceptable that I should have to yet again reset my google maps application in order to solve this.
Userlevel 4
Badge
@Max, any response to this, as doing as you suggested previously has not cured the issue at all.

Continuously reverts to playing over bluetooth even though the settings option to do so is off
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hi @smeeghead, welcome back!

I am truly sorry that your this issue is still persisting!

Please send me your Google Maps version and your Bluetooth version as well in private message!

Looking forward to a reply!

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further issues!

Have a lovely day!

All the best,
BarneyT