Mate 20 Pro green edges on screen

Show first post

1856 replies

Userlevel 1
I have decided im going to try and push for a replacement of my replacement (boe screen) device. Im finding myself drawn to the white spots that are visible on my screen and it's driving me nuts ha. Im also not happy with the severity of the amoled pink/ red tint to my screen, I've never owned an amoled screen phone previously but im sure its not supposed to be as bad as this. The issue i have is SBE couldn't spot the glowing green screen i had on my original mate 20 pro i sent to them and i had to send proof of the problem to Huawei before i sent it back the 2nd time. I don't think the issues with this screen are going to be visible on a photograph so i cant see me getting anywhere with them this time. I've been seriously contemplating selling my phone to music magpie today for 450 quid and purchasing a galaxy s9+ but i would be out of pocket doing that and i dont see why i should have to be. I thought my Huawei horror story had come to an end when i got my boe replacement but it continues....
I was thinking the same but on eBay they are selling for over £600, whenever I get my phone replaced that is. Really disgusted in the manner Huawei are handling this issue, regretting ever using them and certainly won't buy another Huawei phone.
Good luck trying to get it replaced and the time it will take for it to be processed.
Userlevel 3
I have decided im going to try and push for a replacement of my replacement (boe screen) device. Im finding myself drawn to the white spots that are visible on my screen and it's driving me nuts ha. Im also not happy with the severity of the amoled pink/ red tint to my screen, I've never owned an amoled screen phone previously but im sure its not supposed to be as bad as this. The issue i have is SBE couldn't spot the glowing green screen i had on my original mate 20 pro i sent to them and i had to send proof of the problem to Huawei before i sent it back the 2nd time. I don't think the issues with this screen are going to be visible on a photograph so i cant see me getting anywhere with them this time. I've been seriously contemplating selling my phone to music magpie today for 450 quid and purchasing a galaxy s9+ but i would be out of pocket doing that and i dont see why i should have to be. I thought my Huawei horror story had come to an end when i got my boe replacement but it continues....
Userlevel 2
Oh and I was given a "no way" response on the issue of compensation.

For a flagship device that was meant to seal Huawei place as a serious contender it seems to have confirmed that the company lack in customer service and are a long way from having the mentality to compete.
Userlevel 2
I've been without for 10 days and service cwntre have no word on when Huawei will provide stock

Appalling way to treat existing owners wgile still supplying sales outlets.

Between this and the Watch GT shambles I don't expect I'll be back to Huawei next time.

They need to get a grip on this
Userlevel 1

Hi how long does SBE usually take to replace mate 20 pro. They have had my phone for over 5 days now and tracking still says "Product with technician".
I have tried phoning them but after 45 minutes of being on hold I gave up.
Thanks
Mine took a good couple of weeks but it was sent to them just before Christmas so that delayed matters. I think Huawei estimate 7-10 days but i think that is if things run smooth and they have the replacements on the premises. The tracking info on SBE seems to kick into life all at once so when that starts changing you should get it the next day all being well.

Cheers bro, starting to regret getting this phone as nothing but grief. Huawei reputation has seriously went downhill over this, would not purchase another Huawei model
Userlevel 1

Hi how long does SBE usually take to replace mate 20 pro. They have had my phone for over 5 days now and tracking still says "Product with technician".
Thanks
Mine took a good couple of weeks but it was sent to them just before Christmas so that delayed matters. I think Huawei estimate 7-10 days but i think that is if things run smooth and they have the replacements on the premises. The tracking info on SBE seems to kick into life all at once so when that starts changing you should get it the next day all being well.
Userlevel 3
Thanks

Userlevel 1
Thanks
Userlevel 3

Has anyone had any issues with their replacement (05/11/18 BOE screen) that they received back from SBE? I have already posted about the pink/red screen i get on light backgrounds on a low brightness setting but i have also noticed what look like small white lights showing through on my screen. I understand the pink/red hue could be quite normal with Amoled screens because a lot of other manufacturers seem to have this same anomaly but im not sure what the white lights could be, could these be faulty pixels? CheersNo issues here from me on my 18B05 BOE screen. Certainly haven't noticed any white dots, difficult to say about the pink hue, I'm trying hard to look for it, but it's not really apparent.

The pink colour to my screen is only slightly visible in normal conditions but if im using my phone in bed its pretty bad, ive messed with the colour settings and if i set it right to the bottom of the circle in between green and blue it pretty much disappears but thats not ideal if you dont like having cool blueish whites. Theres a few white spots with one worse than others on light backgrounds mainly on low brightness, I suppose i could live with it but im just a bit wary of it getting worse after my 1st experience ha
Has anyone had any issues with their replacement (05/11/18 BOE screen) that they received back from SBE? I have already posted about the pink/red screen i get on light backgrounds on a low brightness setting but i have also noticed what look like small white lights showing through on my screen. I understand the pink/red hue could be quite normal with Amoled screens because a lot of other manufacturers seem to have this same anomaly but im not sure what the white lights could be, could these be faulty pixels? Cheers

No issues here from me on my 18B05 BOE screen. Certainly haven't noticed any white dots, difficult to say about the pink hue, I'm trying hard to look for it, but it's not really apparent.
Userlevel 3
Has anyone had any issues with their replacement (05/11/18 BOE screen) that they received back from SBE? I have already posted about the pink/red screen i get on light backgrounds on a low brightness setting but i have also noticed what look like small white lights showing through on my screen. I understand the pink/red hue could be quite normal with Amoled screens because a lot of other manufacturers seem to have this same anomaly but im not sure what the white lights could be, could these be faulty pixels? Cheers
Yh I got the same issue as you RajassHuawei with my mate 20 Pro and its only a week old hopefully going into a three store to see if they can replace the device

Hi all,

We do read the comments in this thread. And we are sorry for all of you who are having these issues. 😞 We keep this thread ongoing because we see that a lot of you share insights and give each other support, so thank you for that!

Please find a service centre or contact the support team directly if you need help.

Hello
Apart of following this thread do you plan to reimburse/compensate customers for selling faulty devices?
I bought my phone in November - currently the 2nd one is in the repair center. I ve caluclated that I only had a device in good working order for 5 DAYS !!!! since I bought it.

Beging applogetic is not enough!!!!

Speak to the management and overturn bad carma as we defintely not be recommending Huawei devices to anyone

This is what I'm saying to the customer service which I'm still waiting for a phone call since December 2018 which is a joke.

I've got my first mate 20 1st of December and didn't have a working one till the 29th after 4 replacements, like what is that? You expect to buy a new phone to use it but you end up returning it and hoping that the replacement is working.
Hi all,

We do read the comments in this thread. And we are sorry for all of you who are having these issues. 😞 We keep this thread ongoing because we see that a lot of you share insights and give each other support, so thank you for that!

Please find a service centre or contact the support team directly if you need help.

Hello
Apart of following this thread do you plan to reimburse/compensate customers for selling faulty devices?
I bought my phone in November - currently the 2nd one is in the repair center. I ve caluclated that I only had a device in good working order for 5 DAYS !!!! since I bought it.

Beging applogetic is not enough!!!!

Speak to the management and overturn bad carma as we defintely not be recommending Huawei devices to anyone
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi all,

Userlevel 4
Haha.... Nobody from Huawei reads these.

They are getting expelled from lots of countries, senior execs being charged with espionage and governments pulling out of or refusing contracts.
They have way more to do than deal with us.
All this bad press is bound to cast security fears around the company and our use of their devices.
Userlevel 1

I don't want to jinx myself but I've just received my replacement mate 20 pro from my supplier (Virgin Mobile UK) today and I can confirm I have an LG screen with no apparent issues out the box..........as of yet.. I only sent my old device, suffering from the green screen issue, back to them on Tues 8th Jan. Basically just a 3 day turn around!

Virgin Mobile said they got a new replacement from the manufacturer as they admitted there was a fault.

I bought two of these devices which both have the green screen issue but I decided to send just one first to see how quick it was and if it was worth going with Virgin or SBE for replacement. I'll now send my other one to Virgin and hope it too gets replaced with a good LG screen.

I hope it stays good 🤞
Hope it stays that way for you, whats the date of manufacture? I recieved a 05/11 BOE build back from SBE but my LG looked a lot better apart from the green screen ha. This BOE screen has a pink hue when viewed on a white background at a low brightness, i never noticed that with my LG screen. Also close up it looks a bit grainy for some reason and a couple of small white dots show through at low brightness. I still dont know if its defective or just part and parcel of having a phone with an amoled screen, I've always had lcd screens before this device.
How do I check the manufactures date for you?

I haven't seen a BOE screen in person but I was actually happy to receive an LG one after all the stories I keep reading :(

I am not sure if I am being paranoid or not though but I think I may be seeing a slight green hue developing on the lower edges of my replacement LG screen device but only in dark settings on a dark screen. Its no where near as bad as my previous two devices though. One of which has still to be returned and is actually so bad that I can't watch Netflix on the screen because the green hue is so intense all over the screen.

I hope the screen is OK on my replacement and that I am I am just trying to see a hue that isn't there lol......can't be dealing with replacing it again.
Its on the serial number, it will say 18 or 19 on the serial which is the year, next there will be a letter, A=October, B=November etc. and then there will be two more numbers which is the date in the month so mine is 18B05 which is the 5th Nov. Have you tried the specific app on playstore which seems to show if you have a green screen? If you type in Huawei mate green screen it should be the 1st result. Try it in total darkness on the lowest brightness for the best/worst results. I know what you mean, im not 100% happy with my BOE screen but i think im going to keep hold of it unless it gets worse or annoys me a bit too much. Ha
Both my old defective device and the one that replaced it both have the same year and date 😕 18A10.

This makes me even more paranoid tbh now I know they are from the same batch lol.

Yeah I've tried the app and can see a slight green hue on the new phone but definitely not too bad....yet. I'll keep an eye on it but I have zero faith.
My 1st device was an LG October build also but towards the end of the month. It didn't look too bad at 1st but after about 5 days or so it got a lot worse (i posted some pics on here a while back) I hope yours doesn't get any worse but to be honest it doesn't look too good going off evidence off here and it being the same build as your last one. Good luck though because I know how tedious it is dealing with Huawei and SBE 😞

Thank you. I'll no doubt post back here if it does get worse in the hope that Huawei are actually reading, and caring about, the posts being written.
Userlevel 3

I don't want to jinx myself but I've just received my replacement mate 20 pro from my supplier (Virgin Mobile UK) today and I can confirm I have an LG screen with no apparent issues out the box..........as of yet.. I only sent my old device, suffering from the green screen issue, back to them on Tues 8th Jan. Basically just a 3 day turn around!

Virgin Mobile said they got a new replacement from the manufacturer as they admitted there was a fault.

I bought two of these devices which both have the green screen issue but I decided to send just one first to see how quick it was and if it was worth going with Virgin or SBE for replacement. I'll now send my other one to Virgin and hope it too gets replaced with a good LG screen.

I hope it stays good 🤞
Hope it stays that way for you, whats the date of manufacture? I recieved a 05/11 BOE build back from SBE but my LG looked a lot better apart from the green screen ha. This BOE screen has a pink hue when viewed on a white background at a low brightness, i never noticed that with my LG screen. Also close up it looks a bit grainy for some reason and a couple of small white dots show through at low brightness. I still dont know if its defective or just part and parcel of having a phone with an amoled screen, I've always had lcd screens before this device.

I haven't seen a BOE screen in person but I was actually happy to receive an LG one after all the stories I keep reading :(

I am not sure if I am being paranoid or not though but I think I may be seeing a slight green hue developing on the lower edges of my replacement LG screen device but only in dark settings on a dark screen. Its no where near as bad as my previous two devices though. One of which has still to be returned and is actually so bad that I can't watch Netflix on the screen because the green hue is so intense all over the screen.

I hope the screen is OK on my replacement and that I am I am just trying to see a hue that isn't there lol......can't be dealing with replacing it again.
Its on the serial number, it will say 18 or 19 on the serial which is the year, next there will be a letter, A=October, B=November etc. and then there will be two more numbers which is the date in the month so mine is 18B05 which is the 5th Nov. Have you tried the specific app on playstore which seems to show if you have a green screen? If you type in Huawei mate green screen it should be the 1st result. Try it in total darkness on the lowest brightness for the best/worst results. I know what you mean, im not 100% happy with my BOE screen but i think im going to keep hold of it unless it gets worse or annoys me a bit too much. Ha
Both my old defective device and the one that replaced it both have the same year and date 😕 18A10.

This makes me even more paranoid tbh now I know they are from the same batch lol.

Yeah I've tried the app and can see a slight green hue on the new phone but definitely not too bad....yet. I'll keep an eye on it but I have zero faith.

My 1st device was an LG October build also but towards the end of the month. It didn't look too bad at 1st but after about 5 days or so it got a lot worse (i posted some pics on here a while back) I hope yours doesn't get any worse but to be honest it doesn't look too good going off evidence off here and it being the same build as your last one. Good luck though because I know how tedious it is dealing with Huawei and SBE 😞
Userlevel 1

I hope it stays good 🤞

Userlevel 3

I hope it stays good 🤞

Userlevel 1

I hope it stays good 🤞

I haven't seen a BOE screen in person but I was actually happy to receive an LG one after all the stories I keep reading 😞

Userlevel 3

I hope it stays good 🤞

Userlevel 1

I hope it stays good 🤞

Mines gone after 12 days use , Now sent off to SBE .and no idea how long the wait is.

EE didnt want to know and kept saying send direct
Userlevel 3
So my phone has now got to the point its having a hissy fit of green at times and it is flickering and green. Can even unlock phone! People are mentioning different types of screens on this thread - how do u know which u have?

And whats the time frame for customer service responding? Email sent and awaiting response.

Hardware info app you need on playstore to check the screen and if i was you id give customer support a call cause you might be in for a long wait by the time they respond to your email.