Mate 20 Pro green edges on screen

Show first post

1842 replies

Userlevel 2
Foggy wrote:

Haha.. Check out you tube "glue gate fixed". Someone has filmed inside Huawei Austria "fixing" a phone and saying that hulking only visible in extreme conditions.... Basically trying to play it all down...
You comments please folks....

I saw that too. Extreme.. I guess me laying down at night on my phone is extreme. Or the Netflix examples from above that @Zabba posted. You see that defect regardless! And that one was real bad. Even on mine I would see it during the day on a white bg. It just looked yellow. I wonder if they tried to pass off these bad screens first in hopes that no one would notice.. Or really didn't know they were bad and now they won't own up to this mistake because this was supposed to be their big break. Terrible either way.
Userlevel 3
Foggy wrote:

Haha.. Check out you tube "glue gate fixed". Someone has filmed inside Huawei Austria "fixing" a phone and saying that hulking only visible in extreme conditions.... Basically trying to play it all down...

that video is full of bullsheet. they barely talk about the screen issue and what is causing it and how to fix it.
Userlevel 4
istronaut wrote:

Foggy wrote:

that video is full of bullsheet. they barely talk about the screen issue and what is causing it and how to fix it.

Bullsheet my word of the day... Haha.. That made me chuckle
Userlevel 2
My phone wasn't due back until 18th December but it's on its way back to me today... I hope it's not just been repaired or swapped for a different colour or something...
whatnowhuawei wrote:

My phone wasn't due back until 18th December but it's on its way back to me today... I hope it's not just been repaired or swapped for a different colour or something...

When did you send to sbe?
Userlevel 2
m112 wrote:

whatnowhuawei wrote:

When did you send to sbe?

Who's SBE? I returned it to my seller Mobiles.co.uk
It's the UK repair centre
Userlevel 2
Oh apparently it was sent directly back to Huawei via my seller for recall and a new one is coming
Thomnott wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm new here because I had the same green issue after 6 days of use of my 18A11.
I sent it to Huawei (in fact to Dynafix in the Netherlands because I am Belgian) on the 3rd of December.
The status says they are awaiting component (replacement phone) since the 4th.
I wrote an email yesterday to ask for more information, when they think I will have a functional device and ask a BOE one.
Still no answer.
I will keep you informed here.
Hope everything will be solved fast for everybody.

Sorry for my English as it's not my First language.

Update:

I had an answer from Dynafix.
They told me they are waiting a replacement device from their supplier.
I ask if they have more information about a delivery from them.
Also they told me they can't give back another panel than the same a had on my device, cause they give back the exact same model.
So they won't give me a BOE as I asked...
I'm doubting about that.
I think I had an answer from somebody from an administrative department and who isn't well informed about the technical side.
I think he spoke about BOE just because I did it myself.
I answered with a little less kindness and said that I won't accept to have the same problem again and again.

So not reassured at all after this exchange of mails.
Still waiting, still nervous and anxious.
Hope I will have a good one, and everybody here too.
Userlevel 2
Today's replacement serial is 18B21
Userlevel 2
whatnowhuawei wrote:

BOE screen?
Userlevel 4
Anyone in the UK swapped out recently received an LG panel or are all the newer ones BOE?
Userlevel 2
Spacely wrote:

whatnowhuawei wrote:

BOE screen?

Just checked, yeah! 🙂
Userlevel 2
Foggy wrote:

Anyone in the UK swapped out recently received an LG panel or are all the newer ones BOE?

The one I got today is BOE
Userlevel 2
whatnowhuawei wrote:

Spacely wrote:

whatnowhuawei wrote:

BOE screen?

Just checked, yeah! :)

No more green? Everything good?
Userlevel 2
Spacely wrote:

whatnowhuawei wrote:

Spacely wrote:

whatnowhuawei wrote:

BOE screen?

Just checked, yeah! :)

No more green? Everything good?

Check for uniformity
Finally I got BOE screen I went to the store today and they have replaced it, they said that it's a new shipment from Belgium, so now I will test it by my self and investigate more about this issue.

Userlevel 2
Just spoken to Huawei who say they are very aware of the problem. Have to send my second mate 20 back to be replaced and was promised I wouldn't receive another green screen device, we'll see about that eh! Told her I would have no phone until the new one came back and was greeted with no sympathy at all, I didn't expect any tbh.

The good news is, I won the Huawei #RechargeYourMates competition so I've won 4, yes FOUR, Mate 20 Pros for my mates. How good is that?
(Probably all got green screen 不)
AgentOfChaos wrote:

Just spoken to Huawei who say they are very aware of the problem. Have to send my second mate 20 back to be replaced and was promised I wouldn't receive another green screen device, we'll see about that eh! Told her I would have no phone until the new one came back and was greeted with no sympathy at all, I didn't expect any tbh.

The good news is, I won the Huawei #RechargeYourMates competition so I've won 4, yes FOUR, Mate 20 Pros for my mates. How good is that?

Can I be your mate too??? 🙂 🙂 🙂
Userlevel 2
gh0stman wrote:

AgentOfChaos wrote:

Can I be your mate too??? 🙂 🙂 :-)

Sorry too late
Ordered another one of these for myself yesterday from Mobile Phones Direct (Wife had the first one) - Was in stock and has just turned up. Serial Is 18B2600 - Don't know what screen is yet.
I've had 2 mate 20 pro's with LG green screen so far, both from mobile phones direct. They tried to tell me the second one didn't have any issues when it went back but it clearly did, so after all that I cancelled the contract telling myself I have no other option but to buy the Note 9. I was on the order screen about to do it but I just love the mate 20 pro so much so I changed the order and now I'm waiting for another mate 20 pro to arrive tomorrow, I'm just hoping that I don't live to regret my decision. If it goes green again then that's me done with Huawei for good
gh0stman wrote:

Ordered another one of these for myself yesterday from Mobile Phones Direct (Wife had the first one) - Was in stock and has just turned up. Serial Is 18B2600 - Don't know what screen is yet.

B interested in hearing what screen you get mate
Userlevel 2
NOSAJ82 wrote:

I've had 2 mate 20 pro's with LG green screen so far, both from mobile phones direct. They tried to tell me the second one didn't have any issues when it went back but it clearly did, so after all that I cancelled the contract telling myself I have no other option but to buy the Note 9. I was on the order screen about to do it but I just love the mate 20 pro so much so I changed the order and now I'm waiting for another mate 20 pro to arrive tomorrow, I'm just hoping that I don't live to regret my decision. If it goes green again then that's me done with Huawei for good

I hope you get a good screen. This phone really is great. Once I received a good screen its awesome. At least I hope its a good screen. Its a BOE. Hasn't given me any issues. Hopefully it will continue like this & hopefully you get that good screen too.
just wonder when sbe will get their new stock, status been "awaiting component" since Monday😪

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings