Mate 20 Pro green edges on screen

Show first post

1856 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I mentioned that my P20 Pro phone did not display the touchscreen line on Device Info HW but after rooting it displays:

synaptics-CLTE500900-Samsung-01-06-01-07

My phone has no symptoms of green screen bleeding etc.

Hope this helps

Steve
Userlevel 3
I mentioned that my P20 Pro phone did not display the touchscreen line on Device Info HW but after rooting it displays:

synaptics-CLTE500900-Samsung-01-06-01-07

My phone has no symptoms of green screen bleeding etc.

Hope this helps

Steve

Here is problem with mate20pro you have p20pro lol
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Lol like it says in the title?

I'm going to have another coffee and rest now..... :-)

Steve
My status on the sbe tracker has changed from awaiting component to with repair engineer. Has everyone that has had a new phone sent to them had this on their status? Im a bit paranoid after my last experience with sbe and want to make sure im getting a new phone and they're not going to attempt to repair it. Ha
My status on the sbe tracker has changed from awaiting component to with repair engineer. Has everyone that has had a new phone sent to them had this on their status? Im a bit paranoid after my last experience with sbe and want to make sure im getting a new phone and they're not going to attempt to repair it. Ha

Good luck! Mine has been like this for 1 month now! Im just speaking to Vodafone as i am sick of paying for a phone i don't currently have!

My status on the sbe tracker has changed from awaiting component to with repair engineer. Has everyone that has had a new phone sent to them had this on their status? Im a bit paranoid after my last experience with sbe and want to make sure im getting a new phone and they're not going to attempt to repair it. HaGood luck! Mine has been like this for 1 month now! Im just speaking to Vodafone as i am sick of paying for a phone i don't currently have!

I know how you feel! I received mine at the end of November and i must of used the thing for a total of 5 days. Its the second time it has been sent to SBE because they sent it back to me saying there was no fault found the 1st time. I had to send proof of the green screen to Huawei and send it back to SBE, its been a joke all round to be honest. I've just spoken to SBE but it was pretty much a waste of time. Can see me paying at least 3 bills maybe 4 but not had any phone in that time.
Mine has also updated on SBE to 'Awaiting Final Testing'. New serial number is 18B05 so not exactly a brand new batch. Can't remember if all the 18B05s were BOE screens or not?

In any case, hopefully it gets sent today and I might even have a chance of seeing it tomorrow
Mine has also updated on SBE to 'Awaiting Final Testing'. New serial number is 18B05 so not exactly a brand new batch. Can't remember if all the 18B05s were BOE screens or not?

In any case, hopefully it gets sent today and I might even have a chance of seeing it tomorrow

my was boe with the same S/N
unfortuntely it developed a green line- another known issue and have to send it back.

No joy having this crappy phone at all.
Unfortunate owner of LYA-L09 model here - just sent an email to support to ask for replacement. My phone has the same green edge against dark backgrounds and it's honestly an eyesore. Paid £900 for the phone and now this, only 2 months later? Disappointing.

Carphone Warehouse told me to contact Huawei for service since it would take CW twice as long to get this fixed. Went to the Huawei website and found NO service centres close by, the website chugs along sluggishly like something from the 90s even on fibre speeds so I had trouble even using the support pages, and my HiCare app had trouble "connecting to server" for the past day. A nightmare! This will teach me to move away from Google - my Nexus 6P was perfect even 3 years into its lifespan. Only replaced it with this garbage because I lost the Nexus.

To those who have reported the problem - did you get a replacement unit, or did they opt to just repair the screen? And if the latter - what is the quality of the repair job? This is my first Huawei phone and honestly it's such a bad first impression that I'm thinking of switching to Pixel even with the downgraded specs. A headache and so soon after the new year.
My status has changed again to awaiting final testing, I've checked the serial number and im also being sent a 5th of November build. Seems strange that they all seem to be from the same batch that we are being sent from SBE, i thought theyd be a bit more recent than that.
Yeah I thought so too... Sounds like most of the 18B05 ones are BOE screens which seem okay as long as you don't get the uniformity issue.

Mine is in the post apparently
Well, today may just be the day that we start to get our phones back. According to Huawei their shipment of replacement devices was supposed to get to SBE today so it'll be interesting to see whether things start to happen this week. Just coming up to a month without my device now so fingers crossed!
Well, today may just be the day that we start to get our phones back. According to Huawei their shipment of replacement devices was supposed to get to SBE today so it'll be interesting to see whether things start to happen this week. Just coming up to a month without my device now so fingers crossed!

That's what I heard - said I should expect it back by the 9th, not holding my breath though. No change on the tracker as of yet either.

Edit: Ignore the above, status has changed, woohoo!
Unfortunate owner of LYA-L09 model here - just sent an email to support to ask for replacement. My phone has the same green edge against dark backgrounds and it's honestly an eyesore. Paid £900 for the phone and now this, only 2 months later? Disappointing.

Carphone Warehouse told me to contact Huawei for service since it would take CW twice as long to get this fixed. Went to the Huawei website and found NO service centres close by, the website chugs along sluggishly like something from the 90s even on fibre speeds so I had trouble even using the support pages, and my HiCare app had trouble "connecting to server" for the past day. A nightmare! This will teach me to move away from Google - my Nexus 6P was perfect even 3 years into its lifespan. Only replaced it with this garbage because I lost the Nexus.

To those who have reported the problem - did you get a replacement unit, or did they opt to just repair the screen? And if the latter - what is the quality of the repair job? This is my first Huawei phone and honestly it's such a bad first impression that I'm thinking of switching to Pixel even with the downgraded specs. A headache and so soon after the new year.

I'm thinking on the same line, no point in repairing as I don't trust this repair company. So how you going to get it replaced with a Pixel? from your network provider, is it vodafone, are they offering replacement please let me know?

Well, today may just be the day that we start to get our phones back. According to Huawei their shipment of replacement devices was supposed to get to SBE today so it'll be interesting to see whether things start to happen this week. Just coming up to a month without my device now so fingers crossed!That's what I heard - said I should expect it back by the 9th, not holding my breath though. No change on the tracker as of yet either.

Edit: Ignore the above, status has changed, woohoo!

And me! With repair engineer at long last, perhaps we will get our phones back when we were promised them
Are there any LG screens that don't have this issue after months of ownership?

I bought one a few days ago with LG screen LG-01-18-10-53. Is this batch affected? I have a tiny hint of green on absolute minimum brightness on grey background only but so far I haven't noticed anything in regular use even in very dark environments. Should I be worried?

Thanks!

I bought one a few days ago with LG screen LG-01-18-10-53. Is this batch affected? I have a tiny hint of green on absolute minimum brightness on grey background only but so far I haven't noticed anything in regular use even in very dark environments. Should I be worried?

Thanks!

In my own experience yes. I had 3 LG screen which all had the same problem. It starts with just a small greenish tint then after few days it becomes worst. I returned all 3 units and luckily on my 4th one have a BOE screen. Using it for a week now and so far everything is good. Still inspecting everyday for any possible issue.

Keep on eye on it but I'll say contact your retailer so there will be aware and will be able to get a replacement phone instead of sending it to SBE.
Userlevel 4

Thanks!

In my own experience yes. I had 3 LG screen which all had the same problem. It starts with just a small greenish tint then after few days it becomes worst. I returned all 3 units and luckily on my 4th one have a BOE screen. Using it for a week now and so far everything is good. Still inspecting everyday for any possible issue.

Keep on eye on it but I'll say contact your retailer so there will be aware and will be able to get a replacement phone instead of sending it to SBE.

The problem with the retailer route is it is all luck. They have no idea which devices are impacted and which aren't. If you send it to SBE then they should test the device before posting, so you should get a boe screen that has been tested (thought it isn't guaranteed and can take a while)

Thanks!

The problem with the retailer route is it is all luck. They have no idea which devices are impacted and which aren't. If you send it to SBE then they should test the device before posting, so you should get a boe screen that has been tested (thought it isn't guaranteed and can take a while)

That's my point. Both ways either the retailer or SBE is both luck. Atleast with the retailer (not all) you can get a replacement phone straight away and by luck you can have a BOE screen. Very annoying that we have to do all of this.
Userlevel 4

Thanks!

That's my point. Both ways either the retailer or SBE is both luck. Atleast with the retailer (not all) you can get a replacement phone straight away and by luck you can have a BOE screen. Very annoying that we have to do all of this.

I'd say you have a better chance with SBE. The majority of reports (and my experience) that I've seen on this forum from those that have had a device back from SBE that works and the majority of the time (a lot more than retailers) works
Finally got my replacement from sbe this morning and i can happily report it has a boe screen!!! I used that specifically made app for the green screen issue and its totally black with not a hint of green. Does anyone know if theres a particular app to use to test for uniformity or will any screen test app do? I understand a few people have had an issue with colour uniformity on the boe screens so id like to rule that out before i can finally start enjoying using the thing.
Userlevel 4
So those that have now got a working mate20 pro what say you? Worth all the hassle ? Does the fast charging, big battery, great camera make up for all the grief.

Tbh I’d have went for the 20x but I really want wireless charging.
So those that have now got a working mate20 pro what say you? Worth all the hassle ? Does the fast charging, big battery, great camera make up for all the grief.

Tbh I’d have went for the 20x but I really want wireless charging.

It's a beast for what it is. Im enjoying the phone everyday just perfect and really liking all the features. Im on my 2nd week now on this 4th phone BOE screen and I'm impress tho I'm still checking everyday for any hiccups but so far so good. Is it worth the hassle hmmm not really sure. it annoys me as my whole December is ruined because of the phone. Time will tell I guess
Finally got my replacement from sbe this morning and i can happily report it has a boe screen!!! I used that specifically made app for the green screen issue and its totally black with not a hint of green. Does anyone know if theres a particular app to use to test for uniformity or will any screen test app do? I understand a few people have had an issue with colour uniformity on the boe screens so id like to rule that out before i can finally start enjoying using the thing.
Noticed the top half of the screen has a slight pink tint to it on white backgrounds with the brightness on about a quarter. Its nothing major and i won't be sending it back again especially after sbe couldnt notice the nuclear green colour the 1st time around and i dont think it would even show up on any photographs if Huawei wanted proof again. Im going to stop looking for problems now otherwise itll drive me crackers, it doesn't half make you paranoid owning a huawei mate pro ha

Just purchased the Mate 20 Pro and only been using for 3 days. There is quite marked discoloration at the sides of the screen as well as vertical black lines at the top of the screen. It is much more noticeable when the screen dims. Surely this isn't normal? Have tried screenshotting but its not coming out on the photo. Btw there is no screen protector on the phone.
Any words of wisdom?