Mate 20 Pro green edges on screen

Show first post

1856 replies

Userlevel 3
Huawei haven't said it's normal, your retailer will refund or replace or huawei will repair under warranty.

Not all of the screens are failing, I personally think it's a small batch.

I've same screen but don't see this replicating.

For clarity, whats the model number of your phone etc

You can also pursue via huawei support app should a replacement not be what you require.

Are a number of devices having a screen problem?

Yes

Is this a large group of devices? Don't think so

Can these users get replacements? Yes

Is huawei ignoring this issue?

No, as already stated they are investigating but to help that I'd suggest stating your imei numbers direct with hiawei so they can look into it being a batch issue etc

Hope you get your replacement soon as its the best smartphone on the market in my opinion.

If you read the Reddit posts Huawei have been telling some people this is normal.

We know not all screens are failing and this is only certain ones. Still does not change the fact that some people paid a large amount of money for a faulty product.

I am glad you're is not. As you can imagine the frustration other have with this.

This seems to be the single SIM version with Lg screens.

Majority would have already contact Huawei support and provide/point of sale. Because they want there faulty device fix/replaced asap

In the scale of things probably not a large number of devices. But I am sure if you had this problem that would not matter if 1 or 1 million. It just shouldn't be the case.

A replace would be lovely. But as you know this is a popular phone. And most now have to wait upto 2 weeks for a replacement due to no stock. And on some cases this problem is getting progressively worse!

As for Huawei ignoring this is issue. I am sure they are not. Don't think people think there are. Acknowledgement is what people are after. So they don't feel cought in limbo wondering if they should replace a phone that could potentially have the same problem? If maybe we was told they know about this, and are taking the relevant steps to correct it that would be great.

As you can imagine having a green hue around your prescious new Huawei phone that you have just got is a bit frustrating for some. I am sure it would be for you if you had the same issue. Thankfully you have not.

I to hope this is sorted soon. But also acknowledged by Huawei. But as for many who pre ordered as soon as they can, and for those who did not. It at its current state is a choice to risk a replacement (that for some is 2 weeks away due to stock!) Send for repair (unknown timescale without any phone!) Or just change phones completely!

It definitely is a sad state for people with this problem as I know 1st hand ☹️😑

Hope this gets acknowledgement soon 🤞🏻
Userlevel 2

If you download that app you can screenshot the results. It will also show you your current screen settings

@Amy

Hey there, after checking out xda and reddit I decided to post here of what could be the issue or what models.

Seems like this problem occurs on LYA-L09 devices with LG screen.

Myself and a few other users have the LYA-L29 device with LG screen and so far nobody of us detected any green bleeding/radiation problems.

I'm using the phone daily for 11 days now and 2 days ago I didn't even know such problem existed.

And i'd like to point out that some LYA-L09 users had the problem start within 2 days of usage and some reported to have green bleeding when they took the phone out of the box.

Hope this helps.
Hey, how can we check what model we have?

Settings > system > about phone

Or

Download : Device Info HW from Play Store
@Amy

Hey there, after checking out xda and reddit I decided to post here of what could be the issue or what models.

Myself and a few other users have the LYA-L29 device with LG screen and so far nobody of us detected any green bleeding/radiation problems.

I'm using the phone daily for 11 days now and 2 days ago I didn't even know such problem existed.

And i'd like to point out that some LYA-L09 users had the problem start within 2 days of usage and some reported to have green bleeding when they took the phone out of the box.

Hope this helps.

Hey, how can we check what model we have?
Im having the exact same issue! I thought it was just me until I saw this! Mine is doing worse as the screen has started to flicker green slightly whenever i close it! Going to go in store tomorrow and hope they can give me a replacement!
@Amy

Hope this helps.
I did on mine, checked when on fhd+ and qhd and it is showing current status
thanks for confirming. I know it was a bit silly but just wanted to confirm that it is not the case
Userlevel 1
I did on mine, checked when on fhd+ and qhd and it is showing current status
It is showing current settings of the screen
I thought it would display the capabilities of the panel rather than settings. Am I right ? Could someone with faulty panel confirm that they did change the resolution to FHD ?
Userlevel 1
It is showing current settings of the screen
Anyone notice the resolution on the screenshot ? Isn't it supposed to be 1440 x 3120 pixels ? All I see is 2340 X 1080. Are the LG panels bit lower resolution ?
Userlevel 2
If stock wasn't an issue with the retailer you would get same day replacement, feel your pain.

Hopefully CPW will get stock sorted.

I know 11th November is like black Friday in china so I expect software update this month for the 3d scanning functionality.

Is your model single sim UK version ?

Here are updated photos.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
If stock wasn't an issue with the retailer you would get same day replacement, feel your pain.

Hopefully CPW will get stock sorted.

I know 11th November is like black Friday in china so I expect software update this month for the 3d scanning functionality.

Is your model single sim UK version ?
Userlevel 2
Huawei haven't said it's normal, your retailer will refund or replace or huawei will repair under warranty.

You can also pursue via huawei support app should a replacement not be what you require.

Yes

No, as already stated they are investigating but to help that I'd suggest stating your imei numbers direct with hiawei so they can look into it being a batch issue etc

Hope you get your replacement soon as its the best smartphone on the market in my opinion.

Huawei have my imei number, build number and relevant photos. The Carphone Warehouse couldn't give me a date for replacement.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Yes

Userlevel 2
Reddit has quite a few post about this!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Huawei/comments/9t72ni/green_screen_on_the_mate_20_pro_looks_to_be_an/?utm_source=reddit-android

Been following that. For Huawei to say it's normal is a joke. Don't think I'm prepared to ride the storm I'm concerned about what happens after 30 days if Huawei are ignoring this issue.

@Amy any update? Or are we to be ignored.
Userlevel 3
Reddit has quite a few post about this!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Huawei/comments/9t72ni/green_screen_on_the_mate_20_pro_looks_to_be_an/?utm_source=reddit-android
Mine has the same issue but also my Night Mode is not working . When i take a photo in very dark environment there are so many different flares all over the photo and there is no detail in the picture at all its very blurry . I bought mine from Argos and went to return it today but they said they have to come and collect it from home then they will be able to refund me ... I'm so disappointed ! I loved the phone every bit but that screen and camera are absolutely nightmare ...i will wait another month or two or maybe just wait until March for Huawei P30Pro
Bought direct from EE. Panel LG 01-18-10-43. Will contact them for a replacement tomorrow. Don't notice it during the day but quite bad in the evening.
Userlevel 2

Sorry to hear this.
I have the same problem with the stock and having to wait. Undecided on what to do next to be honest! Not acceptable at all. And not even a acknowledgement from Huawei on the matter. Bad show Huawei. 😑😑😑

My daughter noticed it today in Starbucks. That's how bad it has got.
Userlevel 3
My phone is considerably worse this evening. Called into the Carphone Warehouse for an exchange and they have no twilight's in stocks, and don't know when they'll be in stocks. My phone is 5 days old.
This really isn't acceptable. Think I'll go for the refund option and cut my losses.
Such a shame as I really like the phone.

Sorry to hear this.
I have the same problem with the stock and having to wait. Undecided on what to do next to be honest! Not acceptable at all. And not even a acknowledgement from Huawei on the matter. Bad show Huawei. 😑😑😑
Userlevel 2
My phone is considerably worse this evening. Called into the Carphone Warehouse for an exchange and they have no twilight's in stocks, and don't know when they'll be in stock. My phone is 5 days old.
This really isn't acceptable. Think I'll go for the refund option and cut my losses.
Such a shame as I really like the phone.

@Amy have you heard anything yet?
Userlevel 3
I have the same issue on my device. Waiting for stock of the twilight version from Vodafone to get a replacement. Mine has the LG panel (LG-01-18-10-51) so I'm hoping the replacement doesn't.

If nothing changes then I'll probably get the 6t.

An official announcement from Huawei on the matter would be helpful.

@Amy don't suppose there is any info / acknowledgement from the powers that be yet? ☹️
Userlevel 2
I have the same issue on my device. Waiting for stock of the twilight version from Vodafone to get a replacement. Mine has the LG panel (LG-01-18-10-51) so I'm hoping the replacement doesn't.

If nothing changes then I'll probably get the 6t.

An official announcement from Huawei on the matter would be helpful.
Same issue here, i just want an official announcement from Huawei that it has been acknowledged and they are working on resolving the issue.

Its an expensive device and we deserve to know