Mate 20 Pro green edges on screen

Userlevel 4
Can anyone explain why I'm seeing green on the edges of my Huawei mate 20 Pro?

1856 replies

Thanks @CraigLowe worries me when it's out of my hands 😁😁 fortunately my mate 10 pro is a great backup, the waiting game begins lol
evening all i have the green edge issue on my mate 20 pro, so contacted huawei and they raised an order number and sorted ups to pick up my phone had to package it myself, it was delivered on the 14th to SBE exranet Ashford but when i input 2 of the fields on the fault tracking shows no results any idea how long it takes for replacement screen or anything to show up on SBE, i dont like not knowing and my phone seemingly being in limbo, its been delivered but just any information you guys can shed would be appreciated
cheers

If I remember correctly, it took a few days to show on the system, they have your phone so I'm sure all will be good, it just takes a while to pass through to an engineer.
evening all i have the green edge issue on my mate 20 pro, so contacted huawei and they raised an order number and sorted ups to pick up my phone had to package it myself, it was delivered on the 14th to SBE exranet Ashford but when i input 2 of the fields on the fault tracking shows no results any idea how long it takes for replacement screen or anything to show up on SBE, i dont like not knowing and my phone seemingly being in limbo, its been delivered but just any information you guys can shed would be appreciated
cheers
That's great news. Do you know if the new screen is an LG, the make that was the problem in the first place?
The new screen fitted to my phone is a boe screen so fingers crossed all will be good 😀
That's great news. Do you know if the new screen is an LG, the make that was the problem in the first place?
I've got to admit I made a mistake with my IMEI number on the tracking system. 🤪.

Thanks for the info though. Hope your screen holds up.
My phone was returned today and I can happily report that all is good so far. Phone is in the same condition that I sent it out in and best of all its now fitted with a boe screen.
In my experience, the service I have received from Huawei has been excellent.
Hi Chris,
Yes I was, I had to enter my repair reference that came with the jiffy bag and my phones imei number. This then allowed me to see the job number and if clicked on, showed the status of the job.
Have you checked the tracking number from the receipt that the post office gave you, just to make sure they have received your phone?
My Mate 20 Pro (LAYA-L09C) is currently on its way back from SBE.
Had green screen isssue, only very slight at first but gradually got worse and within 2 weeks it dominated most of the lower are of the screen. Was in contact with Huawei Tech via email and was advised to contact SBE regarding the issue. Had a jiffy bag delivered within 5 days to return the phone.
They received the phone on 25/04 and its been repaired and is due to be delivered back to me 02/05, same phone but with a new screen, I hope! Cant fault the service i received from Huawei or SBE in all honesty, lets just hope the have the screen issues sorted as its a great phone, other than the screen issues.

Were you able to track the status of your repair via SBE? Mine is still showing as no matching results.
Thanks Craig. Mine was sent off on Monday, is fingers crossed it gets a quick repair. I'm off on holiday a week next Monday so I'm hoping it will be back in time.
My Mate 20 Pro (LAYA-L09C) is currently on its way back from SBE.
Had green screen isssue, only very slight at first but gradually got worse and within 2 weeks it dominated most of the lower are of the screen. Was in contact with Huawei Tech via email and was advised to contact SBE regarding the issue. Had a jiffy bag delivered within 5 days to return the phone.
They received the phone on 25/04 and its been repaired and is due to be delivered back to me 02/05, same phone but with a new screen, I hope! Cant fault the service i received from Huawei or SBE in all honesty, lets just hope the have the screen issues sorted as its a great phone, other than the screen issues.
I got a replacement phone.
Hi.
It took them ages to get back to me. They then phoned to discuss the issues.
They sent a jiffy bag for Me to send back it took 1 month to return. They did not provide a temporary phone.

Lateness due to not having any replacement in stock

It's not looking good for me then. Did you get a replacement phone or screen?
Hi.
It took them ages to get back to me. They then phoned to discuss the issues.
They sent a jiffy bag for Me to send back it took 1 month to return. They did not provide a temporary phone.

Lateness due to not having any replacement in stock
My Mate 20 Pro has finally developed the green tint. I've tried live chat and been told the service experts are very busy it will take at least 2 days for them to get in touch with me.

Has anybody had their phone replaced or repaired with this issue recently?

How long did it take?
Hi I am wondering if anyone has the green glow on edges of the screen?? How do you go about getting it fixed or replaced? It's the Huawei mate 20 pro model.

Can you post phone's serial so we can see the date? Thanks
Hi all,

All of a sudden, my screen has got a green tint to it. I have restarted the phone but it didn't help. I looked on Google and apparently its a common problem. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks

Can you post phone's serial so we can see the date? Thanks
I've just started noticing the green edges on my Mate 20 Pro LYA-L09 Single SIM 128GB ordered from Very.co.uk in Nov 2018. I'm not sure if this is an LG display or BOE.

Judging from this lengthy thread it's a very common problem and not just "a few devices" like has been reported. Doesn't seem like Huawei even care or want to consider doing anything about the problem which is annoying having come from Samsung who repaired my old phone under warranty more than once.

Also is there only one Huawei repair centre in the UK located in Ashford? Can't see any others on their list (Samsung has many -_-)

I'm going to call Huawei tomorrow and hopefully will have some luck because their Twitter support is useless.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hej @Chloe1234,

Sorry to see that you are having issues with your screen. I moved your question to this thread, please check out the comments above.
Hi I am wondering if anyone has the green glow on edges of the screen?? How do you go about getting it fixed or replaced? It's the Huawei mate 20 pro model.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Noni, Welcome on the community.

To avoid double topics, I moved your question to this thread about the green tint on the screen.
Hi all,

All of a sudden, my screen has got a green tint to it. I have restarted the phone but it didn't help. I looked on Google and apparently its a common problem. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks
Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi, i have now the possibility to buy 2 different available Mate 20 Pro in stock in store near my house

1) emerald green 18C21 Dual Sim L29
2) midnight blue 18C28 Mono Sim L09

Which i can buy to not have problems? Thanks
Unless that's some old stock that's been lurking in a storeroom somewhere, you shouldn't have any problems. The green screen reports seem to have totally dried up now.

The Emerald Green was a Carphone Warehouse exclusive in UK and the Midnight Blue was never available here at all unless I'm mistaken. They are both great finishes so unless the dual SIM matters to you it's really a matter of preference. I assume the retailer is one you trust.
18C21 i think is 21 december, 18C28 is 28 december, but i have fear if i take an LG, or if i take a boe with screen tint on the edge.. So which you advice me?

Yes, those dates seem right and the green screen issue (mostly on LGs) was pretty much sorted by then. There's no way of knowing whether it's an LG or BOE until you download the device info HW app to check. As such, I'd go for whichever you prefer.

Hi, i have now the possibility to buy 2 different available Mate 20 Pro in stock in store near my house

Unless that's some old stock that's been lurking in a storeroom somewhere, you shouldn't have any problems. The green screen reports seem to have totally dried up now.

The Emerald Green was a Carphone Warehouse exclusive in UK and the Midnight Blue was never available here at all unless I'm mistaken. They are both great finishes so unless the dual SIM matters to you it's really a matter of preference. I assume the retailer is one you trust.

18C21 i think is 21 december, 18C28 is 28 december, but i have fear if i take an LG, or if i take a boe with screen tint on the edge.. So which you advice me?
Userlevel 6
Badge +6