Mate 20 Pro green screen + Cracked screen

Userlevel 2
Hi, my mate 20 pro has been affected by the #gluegate scandal for the 2nd time, I know that this is covered by my warranty however I have unfortunately had a accident with my screen and cracked it. Does cracking the screen void my warranty? I am under the assumption since the green screen is a widespread issue that it should take priority over a cracked screen, But if it doesn't and I get my phone repaired from a 3rd party I will be without a warranty and the next time the green screen appears I will have to keep forking out money to fix it. Please can I get some advise on this matter thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 1
As far as I am aware (I COULD BE WRONG) as it is a #gluegate issue I am sure it would take priority over this as it was an issue with the phone before the crack so it should just be replaced another device should be sent out and no charge to you self how ever please contact the huawei team though the hi are app as they could confirm this
Userlevel 2
N4T3 wrote:

As far as I am aware (I COULD BE WRONG) as it is a #gluegate issue I am sure it would take priority over this as it was an issue with the phone before the crack so it should just be replaced another device should be sent out and no charge to you self how ever please contact the huawei team though the hi are app as they could confirm this

Just managed to get in contact through hicare they've told me that they'll have to fix the crack first before they fix the green screen issue, but I argued that fixing the crack would also fix the green screen issue which has been a problem since before I even bought the phone, Which means I'll be paying to fix a problem which the manufacturers have neglected, I don't mind paying for a new screen because that was my fault but I shouldn't need to pay for the green screen issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi all,

I closed this topic to avoid double topics. Please take a look at the following thread:

I broke the screen on my phone, can I get a new screen?.

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings