Mate 20 Pro - Home & Lock Screen wallpaper changes every day

• 29 January 2019
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 2
For some reason, every day at some point my wall paper (home and lock) changes to a different background (home and lock). It's always the same image. Kind of like a dark landscape with a house.

It just started doing this - I did not change anything.

Am I missing some really obvious setting?

Thanks

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Calza,

Has this happened after a certain update?

Also, could you please go to settings > display > wallpaper and check that "Randomly change home screen wallpaper" is not enabled?

Looking forward to your answer,
Max
Userlevel 2
Hi @Max ,

No this just started randomly one day, no update involved.

I can't actually find the setting you mention. Are you sure that is the correct path for a Mate 20 Pro?

An additional piece of information - When I go in to wallpaper to re-set my preferred choice, it already shows as ticked, despite not being the active wallpaper.
Userlevel 1
Hi @Calza, if you use the third part launcher, such as Nova launcher, please remove it, that maybe of assistance. If you use the stock launcher, could you please go to settings > apps¬ifications > huawei home > storage, click delete data, please feel free let me know if you resolve the issue.
Userlevel 2
@Lizzy-UK Wow what the hell?!

You need to give me some warning that is going to change ALL my settings and configurations.
Userlevel 2
This has not helped, again today both the lock screen and home screen wallpaper has changed itself to the same image.

I think it seems to be on a time trigger, around 15:30-16:00/
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Calza,

As @Lizzy-UK suggested, third party launchers can influence and modify the settings of the original Huawei launcher installed.

We cannot guarantee the complete compatibility with third party launchers as they are not developed by us personally, thus we do not know the specific settings that will be changed or configured with other launchers aside from our pre-installed one.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Max
Userlevel 2
I don't even know what a third party launcher is, nevermind have one?

P. S. Why has an answer been selected? Problem not solved.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Calza,

Could you please go to Settings > Display > Home screen and wallpaper > Magazine Unlock > Disable this.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Max
Userlevel 2
Hi,

Unfortunately no success. Again at around 15:55 today, it reset both screens.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Calza,

Could you tell us if you have enabled a work profile on your device?

This could be the reason why the wallpaper changes randomly.

Could you kindly check by going to Settings > Security and privacy > Lock screen password.

Additionally, could you kindly perform a factory reset of your device? You can find the steps on how to do this here .

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Max
Userlevel 2
Hi Max,

I can't find any mention of a work screen under the location you've listed sorry?

Interestingly, I've found that setting the live wallpaper stops this daily reset from happening. I'd just rather not have the live one!
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Calza,

Thank you for getting back to me.

That is rather odd indeed. The work profile should also be on the "Lock Screen Password" tab in settings, right under smart lock.

Regardless, could you set a wallpaper and see if the same situation reoccurs?

If needed, I advise to proceed forward with a factory reset as recommended above.

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Calza,

Have you read Max's response yet? And have you tried his recommendations?

Please keep us updated 🙂.
Userlevel 2
Hi Amy,

Honestly I'm confused as none of the Menu options Max has provided actually reflect my (completely standard) phone. I wonder if advice is being given for another device?

I have not tried the factory reset as I'm loathe to need to reconfigure my phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @Calza,

If you go to Settings > Users & Accounts > Work Profile, are you able to see it there?

Best regards,
Max