Question

Mate 20 Pro & LG Watch Sport disconnect

• 15 March 2019
  • 1 reply

• Opening Fortune Cookie
  • 2 replies
I'm a new owner of a Mate 20 Pro, and I'm pretty happy with it.
I also own a WearOS smartwatch (LG Watch Sport), which worked great with my previous phone (Galaxy S7).
But now, the watch always looks disconnected from the phone (no information about battery level, which I had before), and its battery gets drained very quickly (I assume the watch keeps trying to connect to the phone).

I suspect some sort of battery saving feature on Mate 20 Pro, but it makes my watch quite unusable...
Do anyone know a solution ?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hey @red333 !

I would kindly recommend you to enter Phone Manager > Battery and make sure the Power saving mode and Ultra power saving mode are not enabled, as they will most likely turn off the Bluetooth connection while the device is locked.

Also, please clear the cache for the Bluetooth by going into Settings > Apps > three dots > show system processes > Bluetooth > storage > clear cache. Please reset the network settings by going into Settings > System > Reset > reset network settings > confirm.

You can get in touch with the manufacturer of the watch as well, as we do not have information regarding the way it operates or its specifications.

I hope my answer proves to be helpful!

Best wishes,
Max.