Sticky Question

Mate 20 pro notifications issue

Hi. I seem to have circumstances where I'm not getting notifications from apps despite all the settings being on. I use the AOD and I know that doesn't support 3rd party apps at the moment but when I get to the lock screen I get nothing and upon unlocking the phone I get a stream of notifications.

Most notably it's happening with the Inbox app by Google so I won't know I have had any emails.

Any ideas what's happening?

34 replies

Userlevel 1
Me too

Received my mate 20 Pro couple of days ago.

Emails don't show. Which I need
And a couple of apps that I need to show don't.

This is a big problem. I may have to take the phone back and go back to iPhone
Userlevel 3
Go to your settings and Check the app permissions. Sometimes you need to use manual settings rater than automatic management.
Userlevel 4
This is something they need to fix with an update. I get an icon for SMS but not for email when AOD is on.
Userlevel 1
Rafal, nothing works. There is an article online about this.
https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/common-huawei-mate-20-pro-problems-and-how-to-fix-them/

No one has mentioned an update to fix this.
Im going to be taking mine back and warning everyone to stay away from Huawei.

Not been notified of messages on emails, and selected apps is a huge problem.
Hi,

I found the solution for the pulse notification for the apps. I had issue with pulse notification for the apps. Now its resolved.
I am new user of Huawei mate 20 Pro
for the pulse (LED) notification issue: The Solution was take the back up of the phone data, I have reset my phone to factory reset. It resolved the issue. Now I can see different colours for each app notifications.
Loving the Mate 20 Pro having moved to you from the One Plus family.

One thing I am missing is lock screen notifications which are a huge part of android for me.

Is there any way to get them activating properly.

Also, I have the official Smart Case with the window and all you get is a small notification that there had been a message, nothing about setting who it is from or anything like that...

I know others have brought up the Lock Screen Notifications issue before and a couple of months ago it was said to be being worked on... Its there any update on this yet?
Userlevel 1
this issue was not the LED, it was that I was not getting a proper notification for certain apps.

Im still getting my head around it all, having come from Apple.
If you are mobile gadget lover then don't go back to iPhone. iPhone is not smart as android phone. I was great fan of iPhone for about 4 and half years. Moved to android then I understood how much iOS is lagging with technologies.

but Apple Mac OS one of the best OS in the world, no doubt about it. But iOS no.

Regarding your app notification try this; go to settings>>notifications>>more notification settings>> check on Notification turn on screen.
Lack of notifications on AOD is pretty huge. I don't know that Huawei even acknowledge that it's an issue though?
Userlevel 1
Hi, I have an intermittent fault on my Mate 20 Pro. I had the same issue on my P20 Pro. Sometimes (although it's starting to be most times) I don't get a notification sound, I get the vibration but no sound, or I get 1/2 a notification sound. Anyone else have the same problem? I'm reading quite a few complaints about the notifications on Huawei products. You'd think Huawei would take notice. As well as that why have 1 volume control for calls and notifications (well if the notifications sound works) I'd prefer independently controlled volume settings. Other than that mega phone, love the speed, battery and just about everything else!
Userlevel 1
I dont actually get any notification on the message app, so if i get a text, the message icon doesnt do anthing?

How do I change this?
Userlevel 1
I have the same issue as the users above, some apps don't send notifications at all and I have tried everything. For example my banking app is not sending notifications which is supper important so I know when my salary arrives when my rent gets deducted and so on.
Tried factory resetting the phone issue is still there, I have tied all the notifications settings options in the phone still nothing, I have tired manually manage the app still not notifications, and this is not the only app that is having issues. Some other apps as well, one time I receive a notifications some other times not but everything works perfectly one my OnePlus 3T.
You dismiss a notification on your lock screen and when you unlock your phone the notification badge disappears as well. Really now? Who taught off this that it is a good idea.
Also the phone randomly vibrates for no reason like you are receiving notifications, you take out the phone form your pocket and nothing and it's happening randomly at random times of day.

The phone is great screen, camera, overall quality but the software is useless.

Please fix the notifications issue ASAP cause at this point I could't care less about the camera when I'm missing important stuff due to notification issues, and need to check the phone 100 times a day to be sure I haven't miss anything.
Userlevel 3
Badge
I have also noticed this in the E-bay app. There are random notifications appearing but its just not consistent, especially when I win auctions etc.

This is just another issue to add to all the issues on this 'premium' phone
I have a Mate 20 Lite, took a gamble this year and didn't get a pixel. I'm largely happy, now I have a Nova launcher I'm well away.
But, (big but) I must get lockscreen notifications working properly. They show up now, but you cannot reply without first unlocking the phone. This is basic functionality and needs a fix pronto. I see this has been rumbling on in this forum for the best part of a year.
Cmon guys ! (Apart from this good job Huawei)
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi all,

This might be interesting for you:

@Yummy created this article with 8 tips on how to use app notifications. Please check it out and let us know if this helps!
rafa
Rafal wrote:

Go to your settings and Check the app permissions. Sometimes you need to use manual settings rater than automatic management.

How do you change to manual settings rather than auto because everything im trying on yahoo mail is not working
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi all,

Thank you for taking your time to report on the situation and providing us with further information.

We have taken your feedback, opinions and comments into account and escalated the provided information further to the appropriate departments.

Could you kindly PM me in private with the Serial Number of your device and current Build Number?

Should we have any news, we will keep you updated on the situation!

Best wishes,
Max
robertino wrote:

I have the same issue as the users above, some apps don't send notifications at all and I have tried everything. For example my banking app is not sending notifications which is supper important so I know when my salary arrives when my rent gets deducted and so on.
Tried factory resetting the phone issue is still there, I have tied all the notifications settings options in the phone still nothing, I have tired manually manage the app still not notifications, and this is not the only app that is having issues. Some other apps as well, one time I receive a notifications some other times not but everything works perfectly one my OnePlus 3T.
You dismiss a notification on your lock screen and when you unlock your phone the notification badge disappears as well. Really now? Who taught off this that it is a good idea.
Also the phone randomly vibrates for no reason like you are receiving notifications, you take out the phone form your pocket and nothing and it's happening randomly at random times of day.

The phone is great screen, camera, overall quality but the software is useless.

Please fix the notifications issue ASAP cause at this point I could't care less about the camera when I'm missing important stuff due to notification issues, and need to check the phone 100 times a day to be sure I haven't miss anything.

Same here. I have a couple of apps that sometimes give a notification and sometimes don't. Even more frustrating.
Bought the phone just before Xmas and notifications have not been working since then. Initially I thought switching from AOS to Android was a bit tricky and soon things would work, but they never did. I have been on the Huawei helpline phone twice and last time we cleared the caches and I was told that would sort it. It hasn't. I had the phone reset to factory settings ; that didn't work. Notifications work with Gmail, WhatsUp and Messenger but not with Facebook, Flickr and Instagram. What do I do now?
Try going to Settings - battery - app launch and then look at each app individually. Untick 'manage automatically' for the apps you want notifications for. They do this to try to optimise the battery when the phone is sleeping by killing the apps then.
My problem isn't solved though. Sometimes WhatsApp gives a notification and sometimes it doesn't. So annoying.
Thanks Hay. Tried that as well; didn't work. I cannot understand for the life of me how Huawei cannot sort this. It is really unacceptable.
Agree.
I also just got my Mate 20 pro these days and was actually shocked that a flagship phone lacks the function to display app notifications on the AOD. The AOD is useless. Ok, i get missed calls. But SMS? Who writes SMS these days? It's all about Messenger, WhatsApp, ....
It's my first Huawei and I'm really dissapointed that the device misses such a big important function.
Will keep it until the end of the return date to wait for a possible update. But if that doesn't get fixed, I'll send it back. Not acceptable for me. An useful AOD is a MUST HAVE on expensive phones with OLED displays.

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings