Sticky Question

Mate 20 pro notifications issue

• 30 October 2018
  • 39 replies

Show first post

39 replies

Userlevel 2
Why is this thread flagged as answered? The Always On Display still doesn't show notifications other then calls and SMS.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Sonny1983,

I unmarked the answer.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi,@Sonny1983
This feature is not currently supported, but you can use LED lights to display third-party notifications.
Userlevel 2
Thanks bobo, I know, but this isn't a replacement for the AOD by a long shot. And other manufacturers get it working. I hope Huawei will fix this soon via an update. My opinion is still: For a flagship phone, a fully functional AOD ist a must-have.
Userlevel 2
Thanks bobo; and as already mentioned in another thread: I know the LED works, but this isn't a replacement for the AOD by a long shot. And other manufacturers get it working. I hope Huawei will fix this soon via an update. My opinion is still: For a flagship phone, a fully functional AOD ist a must-have.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Thanks,@Sonny1983
If you allow two kinds of repeated notifications, it may increase the battery power consumption, but your suggestion is very good, I will give feedback to our development team.
Userlevel 2
But because of the great battery capacity of the Mate 20 Pro, the AOD is no problem. I never ran out of juice on my Mate 20 Pro.
My issue with AOD is that during the last months, it has somehow not registered correctly when I have read an SMS. At first the SMS icon in AOD said 2 x SMS everytime I got a new text, now it is up to 4x .... reboot doesnt work. I wonder if it might have something to do with messages.android.com causing some kind of bug.
Not sure if this will help. Have you all tried pinching the home screen. Selecting home screen settings. Go to App icon badges. At the top it says Badge display mode, select Unread messages.
Notifications are horrendous on this phone.
I went from an iPhone, where everything worked fine for the past 15 years, to this...!

No Sky News Breaking News Alerts -
No BBC Breaking News Alerts
No eBay Alerts for buying and selling items
Sketchy email notifications either from the default app or Outlook
WhatsApp - Doesnt play any sounds, even though Ive told it to.

Ive gone through every one of these apps, trying standard tones and custom tones. Nothing works !!!
Hi all,

Thank you for taking your time to report on the situation and providing us with further information.

We have taken your feedback, opinions and comments into account and escalated the provided information further to the appropriate departments.

Could you kindly PM me in private with the Serial Number of your device and current Build Number?

Should we have any news, we will keep you updated on the situation!

Best wishes,
Max

3 months and nothing has happend? Still the same with AOD notifications not showing. Come on Huawei.
I have the same problem. Sometimes I get a notification and sometimes I don't. Sometimes all the notifications appear when I unlock the phone. Sometimes the phone make a notification sound, turn on screen or vibrate and there is no new notification.
This is a big issue. I'm also using the phone for work and I depend on getting notifications.

9.0.0.286(c432e5r1p9)
Maybe I can help. I had the p10 & l started getting delayed notifications. So I upgraded to the mate 20 light. The problem got worst late sms late what app. It was ridiculous. I watched YouTube video to try find a solution. But nothing worked. I am a courier & I miss 50 notifications minimum a day. I noticed today all my courier app notifications came straight through as they were sent today. It was amazing. I was almost ready to get rid my phone. I need sound alert notifications. Not fussed about pic alerts. But I have them now also. What did was down load a flash player app. Followed the simple steps on the Flash player plug in. All messages started coming through as they were sent. It's been amazing. I don't know how or what it has done. But it's definitely improve functionality on my phone.

This is the flash player I installed

This is my pic notifications

Here is the link for Flash player please let me know if yo get any changes like me. It has to be related as soon as I installed I noticed the changes.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.meduza.plugin

Notification icon badges don't work, try using Dots and see .