Question

Mate 20 Pro- Screen not working at all

• 31 July 2019
  • 4 replies

Hello All,

Came back from 2 weeks in Italy on Monday. Phone was flat after flight back. Got in late and plugged phone into charge over the night.

Went to phone in the morning, picked up phone, but the screen is not working.

The phone is on as it vibrates when plugged into the PC via USB and I can install Hisuite from the phone. However cannot gain access to the photos on the phone.

Not idea why the screen does not work. It has not been dropped nor submerged in water. It was working before being charged. I can only assume the voltage change from Italy to the UK may have thrown out a connector however strange that the phone seems to work but for the screen.

Been into Vodafone shop but they are next to useless and suggest the phone can be sent off but will be wiped.

The phone has 7 months of meaningful photos and videos I do not want to lose.

Any suggestions as to how to have the phone repaired and retain the items in its memory? USB debugging is disabled so without access to the screen (which does not work) it cannot be connected to a PC and the images are not backed up on Google drive.

Can anyone help?

Surely this must be common with touch screen phones?

Any meaningful advice appreciated.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Can you not connect it to a laptop/pc and drag the photos across as it should be recognised as a USB device when plugged in
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Do a forced turn off by pressing power button for 15 seconds. Or power + volume up for the same time.
I only experienced it once. And this was because an app had caused androids ui to not respond at all.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Hello @DB9506 welcome to the community!

We are sorry for this inconvenience!
Unfortunately there is no such way to keep your data if your device is unusable.

In order to solve this issue, we will have to book the device for repair. If it is still in warranty and it hasn't suffered any physical damage, software tampering, or liquid infiltration, the procedure will be free of charge. After booking the repair, in maximum 2 working days you will receive a jiffy bag containing a letter with instructions and pre-paid labels, in which you have to send the device along with a copy of the proof of purchase. The total turn-around time is 8-10 days, but this may vary according to the necessary spare parts or logistics.
Also, please keep in mind to perform a backup of all of your data, remove the Google Account and perform a factory reset.

To create the repair service request, we will need the following information:
1. Full name
2. Complete address (house number, street name, postal code, city);
3. Contact details ( Phone number and e-mail address)
4. IMEI number (found in Settings > About phone > Status, by dialing *#06#, on the SIM tray or on the original box)
5. Device model number
6. Is the device in warranty?
7. Is the device locked to a mobile network?
8. What is the issue of the device?

Please send me this information via Private Message.

We look forward to your reply, and if you have any other questions, feel free to write to us.

Regards,
BarneyT
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Hi @DB9506
If you still have the problem, please contact Huawei support with this information instead.

https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/