Answered

Mate 20 Pro screen recorder

• 8 November 2018
  • 12 replies

My screen recording function does not work. The prompt for it does not work via knuckle gesture, holding down the power & volume button or by notification panel. It did work on unboxing of device prior to software update.
icon

Best answer by Max 9 November 2018, 14:57

Hello Momichael28,

The screen recording gesture is double knuckle double tap.
Immediately afterwards the device will prompt you for permissions since it would be the first time doing a screen recording.
Please try it like that and let me know if it works.

And as always if you need any further assistance please feel free to contact us via forum or via mail, chat or hotline at https://consumer.huawei.com/

Best wishes,
Max
View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hello Momichael28,

The screen recording gesture is double knuckle double tap.
Immediately afterwards the device will prompt you for permissions since it would be the first time doing a screen recording.
Please try it like that and let me know if it works.

And as always if you need any further assistance please feel free to contact us via forum or via mail, chat or hotline at https://consumer.huawei.com/

Best wishes,
Max
If you re read my post or clearly states that the knuckle gesture does not work
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
If you re read my post or clearly states that the knuckle gesture does not work

Just checked and my screen recording is working via all these methods. I'm on 9.0.0.0122 update. How about you?
Hi,

I am on same software build. Have tried looking in permissions to find but does not show anything in relation to the words screen recording. Please advise?
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I wonder if maybe after the update the permission has popped up again and you've cancelled it without realising?

Try going into settings, apps, press the 3 dots in the top right then choose reset app preferences. Once this is done try the gesture to enable screen recording.
Just tried & did a restart and knuckles nor buttons prompt it. Still doesn't show in slide down menu
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Momichael28,

If you can pm me with the IMEI and build number of the device and perhaps a few followup questions I will do my best to assist you.

Best wishes,
Max
Hope this helps. Thank you
*image removed*
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hope this helps. Thank you
Please remove the image as it contains your imei number.

If you PM max the details he will try and help I think.
Pm won't allow for picture message so this will have to do
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Pm won't allow for picture message so this will have to do
Still delete the image as it contains your unique imie, send max a msg with the details (not as image)
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I've removed the image. Write down your imei and send him it in a pm, he doesn't need a photo.