Answered

Mate 20 pro screen recording is black

• 27 February 2019
  • 22 replies

• Fresh Fortune Cookie
  • 0 replies
When I screen record, the saved video is always black with sound.

How can I fix this.

Any solutions?

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Max 9 April 2019, 12:55

Hey @JettMD,

Thanks for the info you've provided. We'll try our best to have this sorted out ASAP.

Providing your phone's Build and Serial Number would also be a great help. Could you please PM me these so we could reproduce the issue on a similar model? That would greatly seed up the investigation of this issue!

Thanks in advance!
Max
View original

22 replies

Hello my mate 20 is also experiencing this recently. I have successfully used this before but after an update I did a week or 2 ago the screen recorder saves a black screen only. Thank you
I have the exact same problem. After the whole screen recording is saved to my galery and I click play. It plays gives me a black screen with all sounds capured
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Lemo,

Welcome on the community! Please PM Max with your details. He will be able to assist you! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @azuz,

Can you please PM me the Serial Number of your device so I can look into this further?

You will find this info either on Settings > About phone > Status or on the box of the device.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best wishes,
Max
i got the same problem with my screen recording app. its all black when recording and i accidentally deleted my screen recording app, how can i restore it?
Same problem here with my Mate P20 Pro. Screen record worked initially, now it just records black screen. I've restarted the phone several times. I'm reluctant to reset du to the time taken to restore it. There must be a an easier fix.
I have the same problem. I can't reset my phone.
Hi, I recently bought a Huawei P30 and have been using it for about a month now, I never really had any problems with the screen recorder but suddenly faced it. I was trying to screen record from an app on the phone but it was blank, and then I went to open the app on the browser and was able to record. What might have caused the problem?
I have the same issue since last year when I acquired my device 😑😔
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi JettMD, Welcome on the Huawei Community!

Sorry to see that you are having the same issue! Please PM Max with your details, he will assist you. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Grfl,

Welcome on the community!

That sounds odd! Please try to reset your device. You can find a how to on this page.

Please let us know if this solved your screen recording issue. 🙂
Hi Amy,

Same with my Mate 20, when i record the screen it asks for mic permission and after that start recording but the video is in black. tried restart but not working.
plz support.
When i use the screen capture and when i'm looking this file up in my gallery it shows me just a black screen and a timer in the top left corner. I can hear everything but I just have a black screen...
How can this be fixed?

which reset should I use for this? because taking a backup and putting everything back on my cell phone takes everything together for at least 2 or 3 hours ... and this for a new,expensive cell phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey @Michiel, Welcome on the Huawei Community!

I moved your question to this thread. Please read the comments above and share your details with @Max in a PM if you need assistance with this issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Azuz, Welcome on the Huawei Community!

Sorry that a restart didn't help. Please try to reset your device. You will find a link to a how to in my previous post in this thread. ⬆
Hi, My issue is in the screen recording, i get black video after the recording finish. by the way i got this phone a week ago.

why should i reset the phone setting? what type of reset should be done ? and will this solve the issue of black screen recording video ?

Thanks..
Got the same issue. Captures sound but just a black screen. Tried restarting but that hasn't helped. Don't want to reset the phone due to the time it would take to get everything back.
I haven't resolved this one yet but i think i found the culprit. It's an overlay above the display which prevents it from capturing the screen. I have used other app that needs screen capturing to read the information on the screen but it says theres nothing on the screen. At first i thought the app was just buggy or not updated but it turns out an overlay was there on the screen. Also, if you try to restart your phone(just restart not reset) all screen capturing functions works perfectly fine. But, as time goes on, it will malfunction again. You jeed to restart again. Maybe the culprit screen overlay again has been activated? Right? And also, i think it's a system overlay because i have revoked every single user installed app its permission to draw over other app and nothing seemed to fix it but there's some system permissions i cant revoke permission. I hope someone can confirm this because this is somewhat very frustrating. It's an expensive phone so problems like this should be easily fixed if not inexistent. Plus, support should be top notch. Maybe this is not a prevalent problem but it's still a problem for some of the users.
Hey @JettMD,

Thanks for the info you've provided. We'll try our best to have this sorted out ASAP.

Providing your phone's Build and Serial Number would also be a great help. Could you please PM me these so we could reproduce the issue on a similar model? That would greatly seed up the investigation of this issue!

Thanks in advance!
Max

Hey Max,

Could you tell us what's the status of current issue? Has it been fixed or will be in further update?
It's 1 month now from your last answer in this topic and im looking for assistance since I bought my phone. This issue is really annoying.

I don't let any app draw on my screen but still there is some black invisible overlay which is making the trouble for us users and im pretty sure that's one from Huawei Services. Take a look for my screenshot. I'm not even able to see my recent apps.

I hope we can fix that, because factory reset doesn't fix the problem.

Best regards!

Hello.
After i make the screen recording, it show me a black screen.Just the sound is working.
If i go to battery optimisation,don't let me to click "allow". I tried to click on reset permissions and try again and still nothing.
What i must do? Help?

Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Flo290392,

I moved your question to this thread. Please read the comments and PM Max if you still have this issue. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hey @JettMD,

Thanks in advance!
Max