Answered

Mate 20 Pro second SIM and Wi-Fi calling

• 31 October 2018
  • 4 replies

Hello,
I've got my Mate 20 Pro a few days back with preorder and I have 2 SIMs that I use and have used in my P20 Pro too: one O2 SIM and one Three SIM, but sadly, the Mate 20 Pro doesn't seem to recognize the fact that it has a second SIM in the NM tray.
I've swapped SIMs between them, and the sim1 tray can use either of the SIMs, O2 and Three, but the NM tray cannot seem to work with either of them.
Both carriers are official Huawei providers and pre-order partners, so there is no incompatibility issue.
As much as I like the phone, I do need both networks to work, so is there anything I can do to get it fixed?

Does the Mate 20 Pro support wi-Fi calling? And if does, how can I enable it?
How can I use the the SIM Toolkit, as I get *SIM toolkit is not available on this SIM card*?
Thanks!
icon

Best answer by chillphone 31 October 2018, 11:24

Hello,

The UK model is single sim only.

O2 does not currently support wifi calling on the mate 10 or 20 unfortunately.

I'm looking at moving to three for this reason.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge
Hi nemca
Having worked at three and now o2 can I ask is the sim on three a pay as you go?
As if so if not activated 1st in another phone or may not work,
It was a common issue for us on dual sim phones.

If you have activated it I apologies but worth a try.

Cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Hello,

The UK model is single sim only.

O2 does not currently support wifi calling on the mate 10 or 20 unfortunately.

I'm looking at moving to three for this reason.
Userlevel 6
Badge
UK model is not single sim, Three UK have duel sim and others single, so guess its where it was bought from. 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
The phone was originally advertised on Argos with the wrong info as well, I bought the phone thinking I was getting the dual SIM version only to find out that it was a mistake. They no longer have them in stock or presently on the website so I've no idea if the info has since been corrected. There was definitely no info at the time of pre ordering letting folk know that there was different versions of the phone in the UK and every pre release YouTube review was a dual SIM version. There is now info on Huawei's site detailing which model numbers are which. LYA-L09 & LYA-L0C single SIM, LYA-L29 128gb & 256gb both Dual SIM.
(Edit, Argos now have the phone correctly advertised as single SIM)
Regards Jase.