Question

Mate 20 pro Slow motion video quality very bad

• 5 May 2019
  • 8 replies

Hello everybody... I'm new here.. I've got a huawei mate 20 Pro...lovely toy amazing camera and everything.. But when it comes of making slow motion video is a disaster, the quality of the video is horrible, and it gets worse if I try to do a slow motion in wide... Do you have the same problem?
Let me know

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Marcop03, Welcome on the community!

Let me tag some Mate 20 Pro users:

@chillphone @RizqElder @Jase @RajassHuawei @MISTERWINT - any advice? 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Hello everybody... I'm new here.. I've got a huawei mate 20 Pro...lovely toy amazing camera and everything.. But when it comes of making slow motion video is a disaster, the quality of the video is horrible, and it gets worse if I try to do a slow motion in wide... Do you have the same problem?
Let me know

I haven't actually tried this yet, I'll give it a go after work today and let you know how I get on 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
You really need bright lighting and not artificial lighting to get the best from the slow motion.

It's to do with electricity and framerates apparently that can cause flickering.

The slow motion is also on a lower resolution due to the framerates and to try and keep filesize manageable.

I find 1x zoom in daylight makes best effect.
Userlevel 5
Badge
All I can say is that it's not true slow motion, it's software generated.
I just took a short video and the motion is all over the place.
I would upload it but in not sure you can upload videos on here
Userlevel 5
Hi friends....I haven't actually tried this either and by the sounds of it, it ant very good....will give it a try.
Userlevel 5
Just tried it in low light as it's night time were I am, the quality was not great but still not bad for me however in wide setting it was very bad. Will try again in day light and see.
Thanks everyone for all response.. I've tried either in the park in a very sunny day and at home. Yes it's a bit better at 1x but quite disappointed... But the wide my gosh it's awful...
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Both Sony and Samsung have dedicated ram in the camera sensors to help achieve super slow motion where as Huawei are totally reliant on software and unfortunately it's not quite as capable, however software can always be improved so you never know 🤷‍♀️