Mate 20 Pro update

• 30 October 2018
  • 40 replies

So this is what the 369MB update does!!

This update adds new filters and effects, and introduces the AI zoom feature for improved mini video recording.

Camera
As new filters and effects. You can now apply features including AI colour, background blur, and vintage to video while shooting.
Adds the AI zoom feature. You can now adjust the focus for enhanced video clarity.

Now I need to go and play with the video recording and test the AI!

40 replies

I was wondering when the new update is going to be released? Loads of other people I know have had it and I'm still running 108.

Any ideas?
I want this update ASAP as it apparently fixes the speaker issue (popping / clicking) when it engages. If it doesn't get fixed I will be returning it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
@arkham0801 it fixes the pop
Hi. Any idea when I'm going to get the 9.0.0.122 update here in UK. Really annoying that I buy a phone that doesn't have all the camera features.
Thanks
Any idea on UK Update to 9.0.0.122
I want this update ASAP as it apparently fixes the speaker issue (popping / clicking) when it engages. If it doesn't get fixed I will be returning it.
Got a £1 vodaphone sim, pop it in and update commences
Userlevel 2
You will be lucky if you ever get an update had a mate 9 for 18 months and never seen an update for it. Huawei are renowned for the lack of updates for their phones. So next phone will be oneplus 6t.
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
The update is limited as per all phones with the device and your network carrier, as your carrier will have to compile / test etc to ensure it doesn't conflict. Should be soon though as it tends to roll out in imei batches I believe.

Hi @Jos you had a problem with your device as every huawei device I've owned has had updates.

The mate 10 pro is now rolling out an update also.
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
The biggest issue android has is getting updates. Are you going to be releasing the updates to EMUI and Android without having to go through the networks? I always love testing newest things so hoping I can use the beta app soon for the Mate 20 Pro and help shape the future.
Are you guys aware that there are multiple versions of the .122 update, another version has patch2 which fixes the face unlock

I am in the UK got the phone from Vodafone on contract and 2 days in got the update .122 without the patch.

I still get audio popping and the face unlock is still pants with my beard.

Huawei it's been 5 days since my .122 can I get patch2 before I return the second Huawei phone in my 30 day cool off period!
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
After jealously seeing other folks getting there mate 20 Pro updated, finally got mine today, so if your on the three network it might be worth checking to see if it's available 😉
Regards Jase.
I've had my Mate 20 pro for just over a week now & have received the notification of the update for the 122 version of however it won't let me update my device. I am currently running the 108 version.
I have the phone on contract with 02 UK.

So when I press update it states "System error. I have Please try again later."
I've had this issue for about 5 days.
Any suggestions as to what I could do to do?

Userlevel 3
Can my Huawei Mate 20 Pro be added to this list

I was told and have read official huawei statements saying huawei flagship phones will get a update every month. Just wanted to see a road map or some where I can come to see what updates and things are being worked on in this phone

Also I saw on huawei post saying the Andriod November Security update was being pushed out this was 2weeks ago but it didn't say when we get it.
Some more info would be great
Hi. Received the latest software update yesterday for my Mate 20 Pro (Vodafone UK).

Whilst the face / fingerprint unlock do in fact both seem to be a little more accurate and faster as promised, I have noticed my battery has taken a hit and now drains a lot quicker than it did pre-update. The battery before was perfect and quite frankly impressive so this is a big blow.

Also, asides from the 5x zoom toggle now missing my photo quality seems to have reduced. Especially with night shots (something the Mate 20 Pro excelled at) Photos seem a little blurry now and light sources seem blown out and not as detailed.
My biggest concern however, is the wide angled zoom (0.6) seems to also not be as good now. My photos don't seem to be 'as wide' as they were before the update and again the quality isn't the same high quality that it was before. Especially in low light. Video recording does seem to have improved a little though, especially in low light conditions.

Has anyone else experienced these issues since the update and have you noticed any other promlems that I haven't mentioned since updating?

I hope Huawei can sort the above problems out whilst keeping the improved unlock features and video recording! The battery life and wide angled photos were the biggest selling points for me!
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Today if not sooner showed the December update.

This continues Huaweis commitment to monthly Android security patching.

Huawei EMUI security updates Dec-18

We are releasing monthly security updates for flagship models. This security update includes Google patches.
This security update includes the CVE announced in the December 2018 Android security bulletin.
Critical:CVE-2017-18141,CVE-2017-8248,CVE-2018-11279,CVE-2018-9549,CVE-2018-9550,CVE-2018-9551,CVE-2018-9552,CVE-2018-9555
High:CVE-2017-18160,CVE-2017-18319,CVE-2017-18320,CVE-2017-18321,CVE-2017-18322,CVE-2017-18323,CVE-2017-18324,CVE-2017-18326,CVE-2017-18327,CVE-2017-18328,CVE-2017-18329,CVE-2017-18330,CVE-2017-18331,CVE-2017-18332,CVE-2018-11960,CVE-2018-11961,CVE-2018-11963,CVE-2018-5915,CVE-2018-9538,CVE-2018-9543,CVE-2018-9547,CVE-2018-9548,CVE-2018-9553,CVE-2018-9554,CVE-2018-9557,CVE-2018-9558,CVE-2018-9559,CVE-2018-9560,CVE-2018-9562,CVE-2018-9566,CVE-2018-9568
Medium: none
Low: none
Already included in previous updates:CVE-2018-5912, CVE-2018-11269
I am on 9.0.0.153(C432E10R1Ppatch01) I still get the random pops from the speakers, video playback can be shaky and have to re-start to sort. I would also agree with a previous post that the camera quality has declined and some of the features are not as good anymore, and battery life is definitely not as good when I first got the phone.
Userlevel 3
I am on 9.0.0.153(C432E10R1Ppatch01) I still get the random pops from the speakers, video playback can be shaky and have to re-start to sort. I would also agree with a previous post that the camera quality has declined and some of the features are not as good anymore, and battery life is definitely not as good when I first got the phone.
My battery is fine. And battery isn't going to be as good because the longer you have it the more apps and crap on your phone builds up. If you completely reset your phone I'd almost guarantee you'd have the same battery power back. This is not so with all phones. Check running apps in developer options I bet you have bunch of crap running old apps you don't use that you've given permissions too like auto start etc. Honestly my battery is perfect. I get 8-9 hours screen on time a day. And I use it a hell of a lot gaming, YouTube and apps. And mine is fine. I've even got wear os and a bunch of smart app devices running in my home and all apps always run. I have 16 Philips hue bukbs, 2 hubs. 4 lamps with other WiFi bulbs, bunch of WiFi smart addressable RGB lights around my house like living room, kitchen, stairs and bedroom. Even I think over 9 smart plugs and more stuff. Alexa always running Google assistant always on too. And my phone is still a complete power house.
Userlevel 3
On a side note I just got the 9.0.0.153 which is just December 1st android security patch. Which is great I'm very pleased so far we have had a update each month since releade, as promised. But over 2 weeks ago @Amy do you have any info on this test from Huawei about mate 20 Pro update. Because they tweeted this over 2 weeks ago but no update. Strange. I'd of thought this update would of been with the security patch update we just got. See below link and image.
Check out @ClubHuawei’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/ClubHuawei/status/1073199538519736320?s=09

Userlevel 3
@Amy also this update from well over a month ago we don't seem to get 9.0.0.157

Translated=
3.B 70%23:58
Software Update 9.0.0.157 (C00E154R1 P20)
Size: 389 MB Update Log
Dear User,
This update fixes some third-party applications to watch online video jams in WLAN environment and optimize For some scenarios, I recommend you to update [Application] to fix some third-party applications to watch online video jams in WLAN environment [System] Optimize full-screen gesture navigation, improve the screen display experience optimization memo and other interface display Effect update notes:
1. This update will not delete your user data, but it is still recommended that you do a data backup before the update
2, more exciting features, please visit the "playing skills" application.
3. If you encounter any problems during use, please visit the “Services”, “Floral Club” or call the official VIP service hotline 4009309300 for support. time out
Userlevel 3
Seems to be a lot of good updates fixing things but we don't seem to get them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @DelBoyJamie,

Sorry, I don't have any info on this. I'll ask @Max from support to check it. 🙂

This update adds new filters and effects, and introduces the AI zoom feature for improved mini video recording.

Camera
As new filters and effects. You can now apply features including AI colour, background blur, and vintage to video while shooting.
Adds the AI zoom feature. You can now adjust the focus for enhanced video clarity.

I tried to download this update last night! My phone has now crashed and is stuck on the Huawei screen. Only had it two months! Have spoken to support and I've got to send it off to be looked at!
Userlevel 3

Camera

I tried to download this update last night! My phone has now crashed and is stuck on the Huawei screen. Only had it two months! Have spoken to support and I've got to send it off to be looked at!

Just safe boot the phone in to safe mode. And you should be able to restore or fix any issue.

Steps to boot Huawei Mate 20 Pro into safe mode
Power off the device.
Power it back on.
When you see the Huawei animation on the screen press and hold volume down button.
You can see safe mode at the bottom left corner once the device finishes booting.

If this doesn't help you can just not into recovery mode easy and fix your update
I tried to recover but got to 99% then said failed, tried that a couple of times, then tried to reboot but it powered off. When I spoke to support I turned it back on but its been stuck on the Huawei screen now for an hour and a half. Have tried to switch it off but its not doing anything. Won't even charge.
Thanks for your help
Userlevel 3
I tried to recover but got to 99% then said failed, tried that a couple of times, then tried to reboot but it powered off. When I spoke to support I turned it back on but its been stuck on the Huawei screen now for an hour and a half. Have tried to switch it off but its not doing anything. Won't even charge.
Thanks for your help

Do the same thing again but with your SIM card and memory card removed if yiu have one. Especially if you have a memory card installed that coukd cause issue. There are a couple diffent boots you can do the restore one and safe mode. Have you tried them both? Also try hisuite on the pc and plug it into usb port on pc if I remember rightly there are some restore tools and fixed that can be done when connected to pc. Even though it won't boot. If nothing works Huawei will fix it. They are mostly good with warranties. From people I know with issues they have had over years. Especially with flagship phones. Did you buy the phone outright or on contact. Because if on contract contact the shop like carphone Warehouse as a example and they will replace it.
Hope you get it sorted bud