Mate 20 Pro update

Show first post

39 replies

When will the update arrive? Still haven't received the 187 update
Userlevel 3
@Amy any idea what's happening with updates. Other countries getting several updates regularly. We are still on 9.0.0.153

Huawei really need to communicate with us more. Especially with everything going on. Else all the people me included won't continue with huawei when its time to udgrade, which is a shame as I've been mostly very happy with my Mate 20 Pro and huawei watch sport 2 4g. I'm more likely to go to OnePlus and their next oneplus 7 or 7t when it comes. Simply down the fact how they interact with the community and the software.
It doesn't matter how great a phone is if it's not supported properly. As much as it hurts me to say this because I love my Huawei Mate 20 Pro, and it's much better than the Oneplus 6t. But right now I'm feeling like I wish I'd purchased the 6t or the mclaran 10gb version. Sorry but it's true. The lack of communication and updates in the UK is not good. If it doesn't change they won't be retaining me and I'm sure a lot of people who they tempted to come over the huawei with the promises of change and updates and the good mate 20 pro.
Userlevel 3
I would of thought being the UK, IT WOULD BE one of the first to get updates. I'm still on 153 and my friends over in India (a developing nation) are already rocking 183...
Userlevel 3
RajassHuawei wrote:

I would of thought being the UK, IT WOULD BE one of the first to get updates. I'm still on 153 and my friends over in India (a developing nation) are already rocking 183...

I know and a serious security flaw has just been found on ANDRIOD effecting all phones on ANDRIOD 7 to latest version on Pie. Google has scrambled to do a fix and is pushing out a very important security update fix on February's
Userlevel 3
First Huawei have changed their phone manager app, now I can't seem to block all unknown numbers and messages from interrupting me and now Huawei have stopped monthly updates. I'm still on December 5th update. It seems like Huawei have miss-sold me information...
I just wish I could get app update notifications from the Google Play store...its not too much to ask is it?
Today I get the January update.....on EE...
Userlevel 3
Still nothing from 3.
Userlevel 3
@Tomin78 any major changes (real world) in the update? And, is it the 183?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you all know that Chillphone started a thread for the 9.0.0.187 update specifically. You can find it here. 🙂
Userlevel 3
@Amy thanks for the information. But, unfortunately it just goes to show the incompetence shown by Huawei. I'm in the UK using a contract sim on Three and I am still on the 153 batch. My phone hasn't been updated since December, other people in developing countries are rocking all the new updates but, England for some strange reason is being left behind. Being the second largest manufacturer of phones and the quality of software is shocking. These are the times when I kind of miss my Google pixel 🙂
Userlevel 3
@Tomin78 someone in the Arab countries has the 188.

RajassHuawei wrote:

@Amy thanks for the information. But, unfortunately it just goes to show the incompetence shown by Huawei. I'm in the UK using a contract sim on Three and I am still on the 153 batch. My phone hasn't been updated since December, other people in developing countries are rocking all the new updates but, England for some strange reason is being left behind. Being the second largest manufacturer of phones and the quality of software is shocking. These are the times when I kind of miss my Google pixel :)

I have received the 187 update a few days ago. I am on Three but phone is unlocked. So it should get to you soon.

And ditto. While I wish they were quicker, I don't want buggy updates.

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings