Mate 20 Pro update 9.0.0.187

• 14 February 2019
  • 42 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Main feature is the super macro mode available via camera more option.

42 replies

Userlevel 1
Thanks for the macro shot, nice. What country are you in? I'm still waiting on the 9.0.0.187 update (Unlocked - UK).
Userlevel 2
Thanks for the macro shot, nice. What country are you in? I'm still waiting on the 9.0.0.187 update (Unlocked - UK).

Unlocked UK device here and downloading the patch as we speak (595 MB)
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Just checked and this update seems to fix the gesture glitches with Nova launcher too 😊
Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi YoshiPickles, if the update isn't pushed to you already, in "Settings>Software Update" you can tap the three dots on the top right and choose "Download Latest Full Package". This should prompt the download and installation.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Nothing for me yet, UK Three device 😞
Got it the day before yesterday, on O2 in the UK. Confirmed that it solves the Nova Launcher gesture glitch.

Also confirmed that the super macro mode has been added to the camera. It activates automatically if you have Master AI turned on, but only if you're at or below 3x zoom. It will not activate beyond that. If you're at 5x zoom, for example, and then go into 'More' to enable it manually, the camera will dial the zoom back to 3x.

However, the stock dialler still crashes to the desktop when I try to dial some phone numbers, either manually or by clicking them in websites. Can someone from Huawei please address this issue with me? It's a major usability bug. A phone is first and foremost a phone!

Thanks!
Update has downloaded... But when I click on install it says "system error try again later" any ideas?
Userlevel 5
Badge
Still nothing for me !!! 😞

Userlevel 1
Still nothing for me !!! :(
Same for me. Still .153 - EE Unlocked.
Userlevel 1
Why is Huawei wallet included? I can't use it in my country. Maybe make it optional and stick the app on the play store?
Userlevel 5
Badge
Still nothing for me 😟
Userlevel 4
Seriously can't wait until Google make a smartphone with a battery like my mate 20 pro. Coming from the pixel series I am not used to waiting months for a security update, it seems like the security of our handsets is not top a priority at Huawei. What a shame , a great handset with some really crap people working behind the scenes.

Last software update :- unknown.
Last security update :- 5th Dec

My Huawei mate 20 pro has been opened to scammers since then.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Mine came a few days ago. Won't be long for you to wait.
Userlevel 1
Update 187 has finally appeared and installed. 😊
Userlevel 5
Badge
Still nothing for me 😞 anyone on Three UK got the update yet?
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Still nothing for me 😞 anyone on Three UK got the update yet?
I've got it bud and I'm on three

Regards Jase
Userlevel 5
Badge
Nothing for me :(

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Nothing for me :(

Click the three dots up the top right, then click settings and then click download latest package. Might get it that way.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Nope didn't work
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Nope didn't work
Oh bugger, obviously there doing a staggered release but it's definitely out and should be with you soon. I'm kinda weirded out that I've already got it if I'm honest, that never usually happensπŸ€”
Userlevel 3
It already had super macro. It turned on automatically just when the lens gets close to a object. So I don't get the point of this.
I'd appreciate things being fixed like notifications working correctly and adding 3rd party notifications on lock screen and always on display screen too. Their are many many other more important things that could be done than giving us a button to press to turn on macro when you could already activate super macro easy anyway. It's literally a shortcut key that takes longer and more presses on the screen to activate than before. Bring back things like all the blacklisting options we had they suddenly removed.
Work with the community huawei you do not communicate with your customers AT ALL. Take a leaf out of Oneplus book with how they communicate with users and listen to them and work on things they want. Just take a look and all the threads make from people on issues they have and things they want and work on that please.

All these people me included who where intised by huawei on like the Mate 20Pro, who normally would never of purchased a Huawei phone who now have you will not retain these people. Unless things change soon as the Oneplus 7 or 7T comes out my Mate 20 Pro and Watch 2 4G will be sold and never come back to huawei. Sorry but its true. And a shame because the Mate 20 Pro is a great phone I love it. It needs work and fixes and new features but it feels like huawei just are not concerned about retaining new customers.
They don't even inform us about upcoming updates, what they are working or or ask the community on what they should be working on.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
The biggest fixes in this update were, in my view, the ones they didn't shout about.

Firstly, gestures are now working with Nova and other third party launchers that were really glitchy with EMUI 9 (particularly the home and recent apps issues).

Secondly, a problem quite a few people had reported with facial recognition not working with make-up, glasses, etc has been rectified by the ability to "add an alternative look" in 187.

Yeah, there's still more to do, but these are good examples of Huawei listening to consumer feedback and acting on it.
Userlevel 3
The biggest fixes in this update were, in my view, the ones they didn't shout about.

Firstly, gestures are now working with Nova and other third party launchers that were really glitchy with EMUI 9 (particularly the home and recent apps issues).

Secondly, a problem quite a few people had reported with facial recognition not working with make-up, glasses, etc has been rectified by the ability to "add an alternative look" in 187.

Yeah, there's still more to do, but these are good examples of Huawei listening to consumer feedback and acting on it.

I didn't have a issue with those, I will say the fingerprint works much much better now. I have a curved glass screen protector with liquid uv resin and it's works much better after update.
But I still belive they are not listening to community you only have to look at issue people having features removed, bugs etc that aren't being addressed. Maybe huawei are working on these we have no way of knowing because they don't communicate with us or tell us what updates are on the way.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Still no update for me... @Amy i PM'd max but not heard back yet..