Mate 20 Pro update 9.0.0.187

• 14 February 2019
  • 43 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Main feature is the super macro mode available via camera more option.

43 replies

Why don't sim free devices get timely security updates anymore? I'm still on August security patch on my mate 20x

I see they .238 is out. Is anyone still stuck on .153?
connect your phone to PC and update to .187 via HiSuite
Userlevel 5
Badge
Any updates anyone. Im more concerned about being 3 months behind on security...
I have @Max but nothing is happening

I am still on .153 also, and also with Three.
Userlevel 5
Badge
I have @Max but nothing is happening
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Crawshaw09,

I'm really sorry but at the moment we can't give support on software updates on the Huawei Community. 😞

Please contact the support team directly. They will create an update request for you if possible.
Userlevel 5
Badge
@Amy @Max any news? I have private message, spoken to three, spoken to customer support and no one can help me.

It seems three are getting a little fed up with all the complaints from its customers

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

@Amy @Max Im still waiting for this update? How come @Jase already has the update? Were on the same network?Hi @Crawshaw09

It seems to be partly based on network and then on individual ISBNs. In the past I've had to wait for a week or two even after pals on the same network have received theirs. I was actually quite early this time.

I do realise how annoying this is though, especially as this is a great update for those who like using third-party launchers (totally fixes the gestures bug with Nova).

As jmoon mentioned I've actually been weeks behind getting the updates in the past as well, I'm actually shocked it's not me wondering why I've not got it when everyone else has. Totally understand the frustration but it honestly should be with you soon 🤞
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
@Amy @Max Im still waiting for this update? How come @Jase already has the update? Were on the same network?

Hi @Crawshaw09

It seems to be partly based on network and then on individual ISBNs. In the past I've had to wait for a week or two even after pals on the same network have received theirs. I was actually quite early this time.

I do realise how annoying this is though, especially as this is a great update for those who like using third-party launchers (totally fixes the gestures bug with Nova).
Userlevel 5
Badge
@Amy @Max Im still waiting for this update? How come @Jase already has the update? Were on the same network?
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi All

Has anyone got this update on Three uk? i'm still waiting on mine...
Userlevel 5
Badge
Just looked on firmware finder and these a new update with febs security patch and other things. In still stuck on December with no update.

What is going on .?
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi @Amy just chased @Max regarding the updates. Seems everyone received it a few weeks ago but not me.
I'm also a little concerned that next week ill be 3 months behind on security updates.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey Crawshaw,

Thanks for the feedback. I know and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. We are feeding this feedback to them as well.
Userlevel 5
Badge
@Amy i've just had a reply from Max. it was just the normal "thanks we will pass this to the updates team".
This is always the case but nothing actually happens.

Now with the release of the S10 it might be a good time to improve updates & Support. It might make people want to jump ship and join you rather than samsung.
As the after sales support at the moment is just chats to support teams, who then email other teams and you never here back.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Still no update for me... @Amy i PM'd max but not heard back yet..

Ok! I asked him to reply to you asap.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
The latest update also seems to have sorted the issue where Chromecasting was pixelated, it's fine now but also wasn't mentioned.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Still no update for me... @Amy i PM'd max but not heard back yet..
Userlevel 3
The biggest fixes in this update were, in my view, the ones they didn't shout about.

Firstly, gestures are now working with Nova and other third party launchers that were really glitchy with EMUI 9 (particularly the home and recent apps issues).

Secondly, a problem quite a few people had reported with facial recognition not working with make-up, glasses, etc has been rectified by the ability to "add an alternative look" in 187.

Yeah, there's still more to do, but these are good examples of Huawei listening to consumer feedback and acting on it.

I didn't have a issue with those, I will say the fingerprint works much much better now. I have a curved glass screen protector with liquid uv resin and it's works much better after update.
But I still belive they are not listening to community you only have to look at issue people having features removed, bugs etc that aren't being addressed. Maybe huawei are working on these we have no way of knowing because they don't communicate with us or tell us what updates are on the way.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
The biggest fixes in this update were, in my view, the ones they didn't shout about.

Firstly, gestures are now working with Nova and other third party launchers that were really glitchy with EMUI 9 (particularly the home and recent apps issues).

Secondly, a problem quite a few people had reported with facial recognition not working with make-up, glasses, etc has been rectified by the ability to "add an alternative look" in 187.

Yeah, there's still more to do, but these are good examples of Huawei listening to consumer feedback and acting on it.
Userlevel 3
It already had super macro. It turned on automatically just when the lens gets close to a object. So I don't get the point of this.
I'd appreciate things being fixed like notifications working correctly and adding 3rd party notifications on lock screen and always on display screen too. Their are many many other more important things that could be done than giving us a button to press to turn on macro when you could already activate super macro easy anyway. It's literally a shortcut key that takes longer and more presses on the screen to activate than before. Bring back things like all the blacklisting options we had they suddenly removed.
Work with the community huawei you do not communicate with your customers AT ALL. Take a leaf out of Oneplus book with how they communicate with users and listen to them and work on things they want. Just take a look and all the threads make from people on issues they have and things they want and work on that please.

All these people me included who where intised by huawei on like the Mate 20Pro, who normally would never of purchased a Huawei phone who now have you will not retain these people. Unless things change soon as the Oneplus 7 or 7T comes out my Mate 20 Pro and Watch 2 4G will be sold and never come back to huawei. Sorry but its true. And a shame because the Mate 20 Pro is a great phone I love it. It needs work and fixes and new features but it feels like huawei just are not concerned about retaining new customers.
They don't even inform us about upcoming updates, what they are working or or ask the community on what they should be working on.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Nope didn't work
Oh bugger, obviously there doing a staggered release but it's definitely out and should be with you soon. I'm kinda weirded out that I've already got it if I'm honest, that never usually happens🤔
Userlevel 5
Badge
Nope didn't work
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Nothing for me :(

Click the three dots up the top right, then click settings and then click download latest package. Might get it that way.