Mate 20 Pro update 9.0.0.187

• 14 February 2019
  • 43 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Main feature is the super macro mode available via camera more option.

43 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
Mine came a few days ago. Won't be long for you to wait.
Userlevel 1
Update 187 has finally appeared and installed. 😊
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
The biggest fixes in this update were, in my view, the ones they didn't shout about.

Firstly, gestures are now working with Nova and other third party launchers that were really glitchy with EMUI 9 (particularly the home and recent apps issues).

Secondly, a problem quite a few people had reported with facial recognition not working with make-up, glasses, etc has been rectified by the ability to "add an alternative look" in 187.

Yeah, there's still more to do, but these are good examples of Huawei listening to consumer feedback and acting on it.
Userlevel 1
Thanks for the macro shot, nice. What country are you in? I'm still waiting on the 9.0.0.187 update (Unlocked - UK).
Userlevel 5
Badge
Any updates anyone. Im more concerned about being 3 months behind on security...
Userlevel 2
Thanks for the macro shot, nice. What country are you in? I'm still waiting on the 9.0.0.187 update (Unlocked - UK).

Unlocked UK device here and downloading the patch as we speak (595 MB)
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Just checked and this update seems to fix the gesture glitches with Nova launcher too 😊
Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi YoshiPickles, if the update isn't pushed to you already, in "Settings>Software Update" you can tap the three dots on the top right and choose "Download Latest Full Package". This should prompt the download and installation.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Just looked on firmware finder and these a new update with febs security patch and other things. In still stuck on December with no update.

What is going on .?
Userlevel 5
Badge
Nothing for me yet, UK Three device 😞
I see they .238 is out. Is anyone still stuck on .153?
Got it the day before yesterday, on O2 in the UK. Confirmed that it solves the Nova Launcher gesture glitch.

Also confirmed that the super macro mode has been added to the camera. It activates automatically if you have Master AI turned on, but only if you're at or below 3x zoom. It will not activate beyond that. If you're at 5x zoom, for example, and then go into 'More' to enable it manually, the camera will dial the zoom back to 3x.

However, the stock dialler still crashes to the desktop when I try to dial some phone numbers, either manually or by clicking them in websites. Can someone from Huawei please address this issue with me? It's a major usability bug. A phone is first and foremost a phone!

Thanks!

Why don't sim free devices get timely security updates anymore? I'm still on August security patch on my mate 20x

Update has downloaded... But when I click on install it says "system error try again later" any ideas?
connect your phone to PC and update to .187 via HiSuite
Userlevel 5
Badge
Still nothing for me !!! 😞

Userlevel 1
Still nothing for me !!! :(
Same for me. Still .153 - EE Unlocked.
Userlevel 1
Why is Huawei wallet included? I can't use it in my country. Maybe make it optional and stick the app on the play store?
Userlevel 5
Badge
Hi All

Has anyone got this update on Three uk? i'm still waiting on mine...
Userlevel 5
Badge
Still nothing for me 😟
Userlevel 4
Seriously can't wait until Google make a smartphone with a battery like my mate 20 pro. Coming from the pixel series I am not used to waiting months for a security update, it seems like the security of our handsets is not top a priority at Huawei. What a shame , a great handset with some really crap people working behind the scenes.

Last software update :- unknown.
Last security update :- 5th Dec

My Huawei mate 20 pro has been opened to scammers since then.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Still nothing for me 😞 anyone on Three UK got the update yet?
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Still nothing for me 😞 anyone on Three UK got the update yet?
I've got it bud and I'm on three

Regards Jase
Userlevel 5
Badge
Nothing for me :(