Question

Mate 20 Pro vibrating without having notifications

• 22 January 2019
  • 15 replies

Hello, my mate 20 Pro keeps vibrating as if I have notifications when I don't. It is inconsistent, however annoying when I try to sleep. What is the issue here?

Have wiped twice and reinstalled apps one by one to try and troubleshoot, still seems random.

I went into the Notifications settings and unchecked "vibrations" from almost every app, and the problem is still there.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey Tunadaniel91,

Welcome on the community! Your issue sounds really annoying.. let me try to help you! 🙂

Please try to reset your phone, this might solve it. You can read a how to on this page.

Please let me know if it helped!
Hello, thanks for answering. I tried once to reset my phone and used back-up to back-up my stuff, but after a few days the problem was there again. I will try this time to reset my phone and install manually the apps, one by one, maybe it will remove my problem.
I have the same problem and have try to reset as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hello all,

As I see here, that @Amy tried to help you out, thanks for that!🙂
For further assistance we look forward to you contacting us via Hotline, chat or email.
https://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/

Best regards,
Max
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Maybe you could record a video of your phone screen for a long time and hopefully you will see a message pop up?

Cheers

Steve
I have the same problem, and resetting sounds like a bad solution. It might work, but it seems like a lot of people have this issue and you can't have all your customers going around resetting their phone every now and then. I'll subscribe to this thread untill a proper solution is suggested.
I also have this same issue its getting quite irritating. I have tried closing all apps and turning the phone off and then on again. Has a solution been found yet?
Just signed up to add myself to the list. I've had this for about a week now, buzz buzz every couple of minutes and it's driving me insane. Obviously there's an issue that needs addressing here.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Is this happening when the phone is being touched and or just randomly when the phone is not being handled? I just wondered if perhaps the vibrate on touch feature had been enabled which can be found under settings, sounds, scroll down to bottom of screen, more sound settings, vibrate on touch (provide haptic feedback for touches and swipes) and toggle the setting to off. I'm thinking the phone might be registering phantom touches and this could be causing the issue if the setting was switched on that is, but I'm honestly not sure why this is happening as I've never had any issues like this at all. I'm wondering if you all have some settings or something else in common that might explain this 🤔
You could also try switching off mobile broadcasts which is found just below the vibrate on touch settings, just switch all the alerts off or change it to not vibrate instead.
Regards Jase.
Is this happening when the phone is being touched and or just randomly when the phone is not being handled? I just wondered if perhaps the vibrate on touch feature had been enabled which can be found under settings, sounds, scroll down to bottom of screen, more sound settings, vibrate on touch (provide haptic feedback for touches and swipes) and toggle the setting to off. I'm thinking the phone might be registering phantom touches and this could be causing the issue if the setting was switched on that is, but I'm honestly not sure why this is happening as I've never had any issues like this at all. I'm wondering if you all have some settings or something else in common that might explain this 🤔
You could also try switching off mobile broadcasts which is found just below the vibrate on touch settings, just switch all the alerts off or change it to not vibrate instead.
Regards Jase.

Hi,

No it does it at random when I'm not even near the device. I just checked the settings and I don't have vibrate on touch activated....
Same to me, not happy about this one at all. And even not happy that Huawei is silent. It simply wakes me and my wife during the sleep in the middle of the night. If Huawei will not provide us with the reasonable solution we always can call community to sign petition or request money back according to the national low.
Hi everyone.
This is the solution.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/forum.xda-developers.com/huawei-p20-pro/help/p20-pro-vibrates-randomly-t3859056/amp/
Hi Guys! so i had an issue where my phone was randomly vibrating when i SENT a whatsapp or text (vibrate buzzbuzz as though i was recieveing a message), and randomly when it was just sat on the table it would just freak out every morning.
I tried everything above to solve this but the thing that worked was that i turned phone off and took out my sim card. I think it had slightly popped out of its little plastic housing. i gave it a quick clean and popped it back in securely. The vibrating seems to have stopped! FINGERS CROSSED BECAUSE IT WAS DRIVING ME NUTS.

Hope this might help someone!
I installed a notification log from Google play. Found the issue within 10 minutes. App also let me disable the notification for the issue. Turned out to be contact sync
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
To put your mind at ease until you find the culprit.

Put your phone in 'Do not Disturb'at night or schedule it so you don't forget. my DND is set to start 10pm and right through to the following day until i finish work. If someone calls 2x or more in 5 mins then your phone will still ring.

Also just my thought

Notifications are a pain to deal with. when you remove the 'Do Not disturb' your missed notifications will still be there. I swipe to the right and then disable most of them as they are an irritant rather than informative.