Answered

Mate 20 pro Vodafone promo for TalkBand invalid IMEI

• 30 December 2018
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I got my new Mate 20 pro on the 15th December 2018 from a Vodafone shop and tried claiming my free TalkBand today and I get an error on the Huawei promotion webpage. It says I have an invalid IMEI. I've checked both on my device and the box and its definitely the correct IMEI number. I've tried contacting Huawei using the contact form from the promotion website and have received no acknowledgement. As I have until 3rd January 2019 to claim the promotion, I was hoping someone from the community could provide me with an email address for Huawei Customer Services UK so I can email them thus having proof I'm trying to claim the promotion before the deadline. Can anyone please help?
Thanks in advance,
Andy
icon

Best answer by Jmoon 30 December 2018, 22:11

Hi @andreas265

Im assuming that you meet all the terms and conditions of the offer and are entering the 15 digit IMEI. I'm sure they will respond to your contact form after the holiday season but you could give them a call on the Hotline just to be sure. I've also had speedy responses from direct messaging @huaweimobileuk on Twitter.
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi @andreas265

Im assuming that you meet all the terms and conditions of the offer and are entering the 15 digit IMEI. I'm sure they will respond to your contact form after the holiday season but you could give them a call on the Hotline just to be sure. I've also had speedy responses from direct messaging @huaweimobileuk on Twitter.
Hi, yes I meet all the conditions, waited 14 days before claiming etc. Tried entering the 15 digit IMEI with all the other information and am told my IMEI is invalid, cross checked that both are the same on the handset and the box and tried it a few times but still the same. Thanks, will try the hotline tomorrow if they are open otherwise will try Twitter. I appreciate your response 👍
Hi @andreas265,

Have you tried contacting them yet. I am also facing the same issue and looks like they are on leave today for New Year.
Hi,

I tried to contact on the number given in the Hotline link above and they said, that team is not responsible for this type of promotions. I am kind of stuck here as Vodafone who advertised in their website says Huawei is responsible and Huawei says, some third party responsible for it.

I also sent a mail to support@huawei-redemptions.co.uk (in addition to using the "contact us" form yesterday but didn't get any response back from them yet.

This claim process ends tomorrow and any help would be really appreciated.

Regards,
Baji
Same here, for the mate 20 Pro and tried to get this deal with Vodafone. Incorrect IMEI number, live chatted VF and they suggested ringing their aftersales team so will try that soon.

My partner got the same phone and called Huawei and got the same response as you 😞
Hi,

After a lots of struggle and contacting several teams (which includes going to one of the Vodafone store as per suggestion), finally managed to get some contact (email) of the Administer who looks after this process which is kind of mediator for both Vodafone and Huawei for this process

Email Address: mobilesupport@exertis.co.uk
Information Needed:
Proof of Purchase:
IMEI:
Make/Model of the Phone

I sent them this info and still waiting for some kind of confirmation back.

Vodafone confirmed that there is a mismatch if IMEI number they got between both companies and that's why that promo site not accepting these IMEI numbers. Looks like they already aware of the issue.

Vodafone also told me that, i should get some kind of confirmation (via mail or call) in next 24/48 Hrs and the dead line of 3rd Jan 2019 won't be applicable in our case. But i suggest you send a mail to them with above info today (as soon as possible).

I will update here when i get some response back. Fingers crossed...

Regards,
Baji
Hi,

After a lots of struggle and contacting several teams (which includes going to one of the Vodafone store as per suggestion), finally managed to get some contact (email) of the Administer who looks after this process which is kind of mediator for both Vodafone and Huawei for this process

Email Address: mobilesupport@exertis.co.uk
Information Needed:
Proof of Purchase:
IMEI:
Make/Model of the Phone

I sent them this info and still waiting for some kind of confirmation back.

Vodafone confirmed that there is a mismatch if IMEI number they got between both companies and that's why that promo site not accepting these IMEI numbers. Looks like they already aware of the issue.

Vodafone also told me that, i should get some kind of confirmation (via mail or call) in next 24/48 Hrs and the dead line of 3rd Jan 2019 won't be applicable in our case. But i suggest you send a mail to them with above info today (as soon as possible).

I will update here when i get some response back. Fingers crossed...

Regards,
Baji

Going to give this a go now, you are a hero for finding this info out!!