Answered

Mate 20 Pro wake up after lock

• 25 July 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I just bought a Mate 20 Pro (5 days ago), and i cant remember if it was always like this, but i've noticed something that even if its not annoying i'ma afraid it will get worst.

I have a Smarty View flip cover, and when i close it and while the time shows in the screen if i open the lid the mate wakes up instantaneously.
If i let the number go way, when i open the lid, it takes aprox 1 sec or a little longer to wake up.
Is it normal?

Thank you
icon

Best answer by JackJ 27 July 2019, 11:45

Hey @asfonseca, welcome to the Community!

When your device has a blank screen (not displaying the time, notifications etc.) it is in a state we call Doze. It is basically sleeping to prevent excessive battery use and some processes might take a moment to initialize.

This is completely normal and it happens with all Android devices. If you are still concerned about this, feel free to reach out to us!

Cheers!
Jack
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Hey @asfonseca, welcome to the Community!

When your device has a blank screen (not displaying the time, notifications etc.) it is in a state we call Doze. It is basically sleeping to prevent excessive battery use and some processes might take a moment to initialize.

This is completely normal and it happens with all Android devices. If you are still concerned about this, feel free to reach out to us!

Cheers!
Jack
Thanks for you answer

I already had an OnePlus which is much faster awakening, thats the reason i ask in the forum.

I still think its a little slow.

Cheers