Mate 20 Pro wireless reverse charging function

Userlevel 3
Mate 20 Pro supports wireless reverse charging for some devices that pass Qi wireless charging authentication, such as Mate 20 Pro, Mate RS, iPhone 8 series, iPhone X, iPhone XS series, Huawei's second generation wireless headset.

I tested it with mate20 Pro and Mate RS. It is really surprised me. Now, I want to share the function with everyone.

Here's how to use this function.
First, turn on the wireless reverse charging function:
1. Tap Settings > Battery to turn on the wireless reverse charging switch as shown below:

2. Place the charged device on the back of the Mate 20 Pro to start charging. Note: Charging must begin within 2 minutes after the wireless reverse charging switch being turned on. If it is more than 2 minutes, the Mate 20 Pro will automatically turn off the wireless reverse charging switch and have the pop-up prompt in the figure below:

Second, start wireless reverse charging.
1. Before starting wireless reverse charging, please make sure that the Mate 20 Pro mobile phone is higher than 20%, otherwise the system will limit the wireless reverse charging function to be turned on.
2. Before starting wireless reverse charging, please make sure that the charged device is turned on.
3. Align the middle of the charged device with the middle of the back of the Mate 20 Pro phone and place them snugly. Avoid the relative movement of the two devices during charging to avoid charging stop. Place the placement as follows:

4. After the charged device and the Mate 20 Pro are placed as described above, please keep the relative position. If the wireless charging has not started within 5 seconds, adjust the position to restart the wireless reverse charging.
5. When the wireless reverse charging is started, the wireless reverse charging icon will be displayed on the Mate 20 Pro status bar, as shown in Figure 1 below. Mate 20 Pro supports wireless reverse charging of charged devices when wired charging. The status bar will display both wired charging and wireless reverse charging icons, as shown in Figure 2 below.

Third, other matters needing attention:

1. Do not place objects containing metal substances, such as bus cards, coins, etc., between the charger and the Mate 20 Pro. After the Mate 20 Pro turns on the wireless reverse charging function, do not place the phone directly on metal objects.
2. If two Mate 20 Pros are simultaneously turned on reverse charging and placed back to back, one of the phones will automatically turn off the wireless reverse charging switch, and the other Mate 20 Pro phone will reverse the wireless charging.
3. Wireless reverse charging is suitable for emergency charging when the charged device is low. If the charged device needs to be fully charged, it is recommended to use a wired charging or wireless charging dock for wireless charging.

I think this feature is really great.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
I used this to charge my wife's phone when we were stuck in traffic, gave her iPhone 8 a good chunk of juice whilst barely taking any of my battery percentage.

I thought this would be a gimmick but it actually is useful if you have friends or relatives with iPhones.
Userlevel 3
Yes, it is useful when you need to charge urgently.

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings