Question

Mate 20 Pro won't pair with the Samsung Galaxy watch

• 2 December 2018
  • 7 replies

Hi, tried today to pair the mate 20 Pro to the Samsung galaxy watch. It will not work, the Samsung Wear app crashes every time. Anyone had a similar problem?

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi, tried today to pair the mate 20 Pro to the Samsung galaxy watch. It will not work, the Samsung Wear app crashes every time. Anyone had a similar problem?

No. Mine paired without a problem. Have you gone into the watch settings and selected to pair with a new phone?

That resets the watch and restarts the pairing process.
Done that, the wear app resets the watch each time. I've tested it on an S9 plus with no issues.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi Frontfiringspeakers,

Sorry to hear of the situation. Have you tried wiping the cache of the phone, uninstalling and reinstalling the Samsung app and resetting the network settings?
If the devices still have issues pairing afterwards from the phone perspective i would suggest going to Phone manager > Battery > App launch - here switch it to manual. This will stop the AI from managing the battery, perhaps it marked the high battery consumption and that is interfering with the watch.
If the issues persist I would suggest contacting Samsung as well since they have a better grasp on their product and apps.

Hope this helps.
Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 2
Hi @Frontfiringspeakers,

Did you get this working as I have a Mate 20 Pro and am looking to get a new Galaxy watch....

Thanks TJ
Hiya, first post here. I came from Samsung phones a couple of months ago and love this phone to bits. I really like the look of the new Galaxy Active Smartwatch and was wondering whether anyone had this combination and if they had experienced any issues with connectivity etc? I currently run a Fitbit versa.
This is the response I got from Samsung help:

Thanks in advance! I just don't want to spend out on it for it to not work!
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi @Kat02,

I moved your post to this thread. Maybe @Frontfiringspeakers and @MISTERWINT are able to help? 🙂
Hi @Kat02,

I moved your post to this thread. Maybe @Frontfiringspeakers and @MISTERWINT are able to help? :)

Thanks!