Question

Mate 20Pro speaker pop/ crackle

• 25 November 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi

Im now on my second M20Pro, the first having suffered green screen. I'm glad to say I now have a BOE screen with no issues so far but the annoying audio click/ pop/ crackle issue has returned. I had this on my initial handset (the sound is heard whenever phone is about to play audio in e.g. instagram stories) but the 9.0.0.122 firmware update sorted it. However, my new phone is on .122 and the issue is back. Anyone else still getting this?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I think it's a bug either with Instagram ( I noticed it come back) or if it's with device..( I've only noticed on Instagram and only with some stories. ) then hopefully it will be sorted on an update.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
I think it's a bug either with Instagram ( I noticed it come back) or if it's with device..( I've only noticed on Instagram and only with some stories. ) then hopefully it will be sorted on an update.

Thanks chillphone; reassuring to know it's not just me.
I have the same issue, but on only 2 apps.
1- new game "badland brawl"
2- granboard app

No issues with streaming video or any other app
On firmware . 126

Also want some solution for this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all,

Sorry for the late reply and thank you Jmoon for starting this topic and bringing it to our attention.
If you are still experiencing the same issue with the respective app, can you please try clearing the cache and wiping the data from it, a quick uninstall and reinstall test?

Please let me know how it goes afterwards.
Best wishes,
Max
Tried that first thing. Still the same for both apps. S
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Hi Max

Yep, tried that. No change.

James
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi all,

Sorry to hear the issue is still persisting. The last step would be to try a factory reset to the phones and test afterwards.
If its only with 3rd party apps we can contact their respective developers and flag the issue, but if its a ongoing generalized issue I would recommend sending the device in to service for inspection.

Hope this helps.
Best wishes,
Max