Mate20 Lite - watch the Q&A Video with our Product Trainer

Mate20 Lite - watch the Q&A Video with our Product Trainer
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
  • Community Manager
  • 1711 replies
Last Friday we introduced the Huawei Mate20 lite! Are you as excited as I am? 😃 Do you have questions about the Mate20 lite? Ask them below! There will be a Q&A session with a product trainer happening based on the most interesting questions. 💬

We will select a winner among all the questions and he or she will be rewarded with a Mate20 Lite!

The Mate 20 Series embodies Huawei’s commitment to advancements made in AI, overcoming challenges associated with performance and battery life, to become the trusted partner for users far and wide. Now, the global technology leader is bringing the benefits of AI to more people with the Mate 20 lite – the first device to be launched from the much-anticipated Mate 20 Series. Equipped with four cameras for professional photography, the Mate 20 lite combines AI technology with high-performance hardware, smart battery management and a stylish design, making it the perfect partner for work and play.

Go Faster
With the Mate 20 lite, Huawei addresses the unmet demand for affordably-priced, premium smartphones with outstanding capabilities, including AI solutions. Armed with a new Kirin 710 SoC and 4GB of RAM, the Mate 20 lite delivers AI capability, resulting in a dramatically improved performance, battery life and photography experience that is central to the device.

Go Further
The Huawei Mate 20 lite packs a 3,750mAh long-lasting battery (10% increase on its predecessor) and supports 18W Quick Charge technology (80% increase), as well as intelligent power management.

Four AI powerd cameras
Huawei is bringing its revolutionary technology to the Mate 20 lite with four AI-powered cameras, ensuring premium photography is a staple feature of all smartphones, not just the flagship device. The Mate20 lite has a 24MP+2MP dual front cameras and a 20MP + 2MP rear camera.

Achieve more
With the Mate 20 lite, users get an expansive area to work – and play – with. Featuring a 6.3-inch 19.5:9 FHD+ (2340x1080) HUAWEI FullView display, the Mate 20 lite offers a 4% increase in screen-to-body ratio, compared to the predecessor. Replacing the top bezel is a notched design which allows for the bigger screen, providing a great field of view for the ultimate mobile entertainment experience.

Leave your questions in the comments.🤓

Read the full press release here. And click here to check out the amazing Mate20 lite specifications. Want to get your hands on it? Take a look at our product page.

Read the terms and conditions for the giveaway here.

22 replies

just wondering how long the battery lasts in hours or days ?
oh and lets say i put it on power saving at 20 percent how long would that last ?
Can i get the phone sim free, for free
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Can i get the phone sim free, for free

Sorry Lilkidyo, We don't hand out phones for free. 😉
Hey, I have two questions. 1. Is the notification problem caused by your extreme battery optimization fixed on the Mate 20 Lite? I'm interested in buying it, but this could be the deciding factor, since I don't want any notifications hidden from me by this awful system... 2. Does the Mate 20 Lite have a notification LED on the notch or is the space for that taken up by the second front-facing camera?
Thanks
Does the mate 20 lite come with the easy projection mode?

How much more performance will we see in the Kirin 710 compared to the 659 in the p20 lite?
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Great phone for new users into huawei world. The battery and user interface should bring a fluid experience.

Im tempted to get one for my family to use.
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
My question would be with the added SD card slot ; Can you save photography to the SD card?

That would be great for making videos and then taking the SD card to edit later on my PC.

If you cant with the ROM ho wmuch HD video could you save without the SD card?
Had a P10 mate lite and loved it!

If I got the P20 would i have as good of a battery life and camera. I love my P10, could potentially love the P20..
I currently own the p10 mate Pro... Which is obvious a powerhouse.... But can the p20 lite match or even beat it in photography terms
what is the storage size of the mate 20 lite and how much photos, videos, music etc. can you have? and also does it have a memory card slot to put an SD card in for more storage space?
Userlevel 2
Hey, I have two questions. 1. Is the notification problem caused by your extreme battery optimization fixed on the Mate 20 Lite? I'm interested in buying it, but this could be the deciding factor, since I don't want any notifications hidden from me by this awful system... 2. Does the Mate 20 Lite have a notification LED on the notch or is the space for that taken up by the second front-facing camera?
Thanks

Battery optimisation is very good these days, with a range of options to keep important apps running in the background so they can continue doing things like downloading files, or giving notifications. You can also use the standard Google 'ignore battery optimization' settings for further control.

The battery is excellent. I got 9 and a half hours of non-usage with just 1% battery drop! That's quite insane.. and it goes on and on when you do actually use it. I haven't had one long enough to do detailed screen on time results but I am sure it will be good - and it's a sign of just how good the new Kirin 710 chipset is.

And for the second question, yes there's a LED notification light next to the earpiece. It's very small but easily seen.
My question is... What would make me choose this phone over the other Huawei offerings. 🙂

Thank you.
Is it gonna be possible to unblock bootloader? I am missing that option on my p20 pro 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Good morning all,

Thank you all for these questions and participating in this topic! Our product trainer will be answering all the questions soon... so stay tuned!

And congratulations to @chillphone! You are the winner of the Mate 20 Lite. 🎉
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Wow great news. I never win anything normally.
😊🤓🎊🎉🎉
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Thank you all for your questions! Please let us know if you like us to arrange more Q&A's with product trainers!

In the video below our Product Trainer @Mani Lowe answers the questions 🔽

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl12SORyKyo&=&feature=youtu.be

The questions
Does the Mate 20 Lite come with the easy projection mode?Like other Mate series it does not support easy projection mode. However there is a feature called Huawei Share that allows you to stream content from your Mate20lite on TV, so you can share your pictures, even stream your videos across, but the best is streaming for gaming.

How much more performance will we see in the kirin 710 compared to the 659 in the P20 Lite?Kirin 710 has a new 12nm process that gives you power performance efficiency 60% smoother graphics and 30% lower power consumption and that means you can game for longer.

What is the storage size of the Mate 20 Lite and how much photos, videos, music etc can you have? And also, does it have a memory card slot in for more storage space?Mate20lite has 64GB storage expandable to 256GB which allows you to store about 9000 photos., 350 minutes of videos and 15 000 songs.

What would make me choose this phone over the other Huawei offerings?Let’s start from the different 2 flagship families we have on the market. P series allowing you to take amazing photographs and Mate series which are about the power and performance. Mate series with bigger screens, 6.3” display which is 95:9 aspect ratio, so screen stretches right to the point, which makes it great for watching movies, but also gaming with GPU turbo on there with quicker frame rate. You also have 4 AI cameras there, 2 x rear, 20MP + 2 MP and 2 front face 24MP + 2 MP which help create the bokeh effect. The AI camera helps recognizing images from cats, dogs, plants, trees and automatically change the mode for you.

Wondering how long the battery lasts in hours or days? And lets say I put it on power saving at 20 percent, how long would that last?The battery is over 2.3 days use for the average users and 1.5 days for the heavy user. If the battery is at 30% that gives you about few hours of use.

With the added SD card slot; Can you save photography to the SD card?Yes, you can actually get the setup automatically or you can go to the settings and do it there as well. So that can be easily done.

I currently own the Mate 10 Pro, which is obvious a powerhouse, but can the P20 lite march or even beat it in photography terms?About the P20 lite(not the Mate 20 lite)... this is a great smartphone with dual cameras in the back 16MP + 2MP and 16MP front camera. Mate10 Pro has 20 MP monochrome lens that captures higher contrast images and also has a 12MP RGB sensor and AI modes helping you to recognize scenes and objects to get the best photos possible.

Thanks for your questions @Mickykiko @anandg3553 @Babbler @levibrown16 @chillphone & @Mickh62!
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Mani should do yoga classes I finished the video relaxed 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
@Mani Lowe, Thank you for the video!

Mani should do yoga classes I finished the video relaxed :D

Time for a career switch? 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Mani is awesome, had the pleasure of meeting him a few times. Please get him to answer some questions on the Mate 20 Pro next 😁
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi all,

I just started a new Q&A topic. It's about the Mate 20 Pro. Please share your questions, producttrainer Alex will answer them!
Hi, I've just bought my phone a few days ago. And I just find a few problems:

can't setup a custom notification sound for Gmail app. There is no option on the menu to setup a custom sound for Gmail notifications. I have a feeling this one is connected to EMUI

if I'm using a custom ringtone with Bluetooth headset or headphones the phone is ringing with the Huawei Tune Living (default). if I'm disconnecting my headset or headphones the phone is ringing with custom ringtone. strange..

Few times the phone dropping the network and switching to emergency calls only mode...sometimes just loosing the mobile date connection. very annoying. I just changed my sim card just in case, but the problem is the same

any idea what to do?
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
The first is emui and what you want I think is stock Android only

Second point possible big hopefully fix in future update.

Third point is due to your network provider coverage.

Cookie policy

By browsing our website, you accept the use of cookies on our site to perform analytics, provide you with ads tailored to your preferences and interests, and allow you to share content on social networks. Learn more about our cookies and manage them

Accept cookies Cookie settings