Answered

Mate20Pro connecting Multiple Bluetooth devices

• 21 February 2019
  • 10 replies

I have two Bluetooth Devices in my car, one for the handsfree calling (MetaVoice M1 v1.30) and the other for media streaming (Steambot Mini).
My Mate20Pro (Build number 9.0.0.187(C432E10R1P16)) connects to the MetaVoice for Handsfree calling, but I have to connect it to the Streambot manually every time. (I also unfortunately have a Watch GT that is constantly connected)
My Samsung S7 used to connect to both devices for each function automatically?

Any ideas?
icon

Best answer by Max 22 February 2019, 19:06

Hi @diverdaz70,

With Bluetooth 5.0, which is supported by the Mate 20 series, you are allowed to connect 2 devices at most- as @SpudULike explained. :)

If you have two devices connected via bluetooth, one of the two will be prioritized over the other.

For example, if you receive a call on one of your devices, that will be prioritized over the other connected device.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @diverdaz70,

Thank you for replying!

Yes, one device is preventing the automatic connection with the other one.

One device will always be prioritized over the other with the Bluetooth connection.

Best wishes,
Max
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Hi @diverdaz70,

With Bluetooth 5.0, which is supported by the Mate 20 series, you are allowed to connect 2 devices at most- as @SpudULike explained. :)

If you have two devices connected via bluetooth, one of the two will be prioritized over the other.

For example, if you receive a call on one of your devices, that will be prioritized over the other connected device.

I trust this information is of assistance. Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!😀
Max
Hi @diverdaz70,

Max

I only want to stream to one device and have the other paired for calls. So are you saying having the watch paired is preventing this?
Hi @diverdaz70,

Thank you for replying!

One device will always be prioritized over the other with the Bluetooth connection.

Best wishes,
Max

How do I prioritise devices?
Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @diverdaz70,

Thank you for replying!

Best wishes,
Max

I'm pretty sure that the devices are prioritised in the ordered that they are connected to the phone.

Regards Jase

Hi @diverdaz70,

Thank you for replying!

Best wishes,
Max
I'm pretty sure that the devices are prioritised in the ordered that they are connected to the phone.

Regards Jase

My doesn't. I paired the audio devices before the watch. 😞
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Try the other way round then, pair the watch first

Hi @diverdaz70,

Thank you for replying!

Best wishes,
Max

Regards Jase
My doesn't. I paired the audio devices before the watch. :-(

Try pairing the watch first then, it might work the opposite way around, worth a try I guess 🤷
Regards Jase
Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Ahhhh ...think I've found the problem. You may have to unpair your watch from within the Health app each time you want to use your two other Bluetooth devices at the same time. The health app appears to be overriding Bluetooth settings and keeping the watch as first priority, no doubt to keep it working as expected but ultimately to the detriment of other connected devices 🙈

Also regarding Bluetooth version five, the standard actually supports up to four devices connected at once but all devices must be Bluetooth version 4.1 or above.
The mate 20 pro is indeed set with a standard limit of two Bluetooth audio devices. However this can be changed to three if you enable developer settings.
Settings, system, about phone, multiple tap build number, enter your PIN or pattern
Back into settings , system, you'll now see developer options, click on it and scroll down until you see maximum connected Bluetooth audio devices, then you can change it to three if you want😉.

Regards Jase.
I have a Bluetooth headset, keyboard and Watch GT, and they all pair and impair gracefully, individually, to my Mate 20 Pro, though I am still on build .153 ( thanks Three!). Did it work with an earlier build?
They never have for me? Maybe because they are both Audio Devices?