Answered

Mini Screen View Mate 20 pro

• 6 November 2018
  • 3 replies

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing difficulties to trigger the Mini Screen View on your Mate 20 Pro?

I'm using gesture style (instead of the traditional three-key styled navigation method) as my choice to navigate around my phone.

According to the instructions given on the enabler page, I simply require to swipe up diagonally from either sides of the bottom corners to enter into the Mini Screen View.

But no matter how I swipe; short trail but fast, or long trail but slow, I simply couldn't get myself into MSV. I have even switched the navigation style to three-key navigation and tried to use method 2, and it doesn't work as well.

FYI, I have updated my phone with the latest EMUI version 9.0.0.126.

Anyway, please tell me if you are experiencing the same problem like I have, or not at the comment below. If you could enter MSV, please share which swiping method you uses and your personal tips to trigger it successfully.

Thank you in advance.
icon

Best answer by cesar.mifune 14 November 2018, 06:47

Hi Amy,

It was an act of trial and error 😁
I came across a few discussion left by both P20 Pro and Mate 10 Pro users in other forum, which they mentioned that the activation of the magnification gesture will hinder MSV. I was skeptical at first, but to my surprise my MSV works right after I switched off the magnification gesture under the Accessibility. 😂
View original

3 replies

Well... well... well... it turns out that the magnification gesture under accessibility is the culprit, turned that off and mini screen view gesture is now working perfectly :)

Case closed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Cesar.mifune,

Thanks for sharing this, might be helpful for other community members! How did you figure it out? 🙂
Hi Amy,

It was an act of trial and error 😁
I came across a few discussion left by both P20 Pro and Mate 10 Pro users in other forum, which they mentioned that the activation of the magnification gesture will hinder MSV. I was skeptical at first, but to my surprise my MSV works right after I switched off the magnification gesture under the Accessibility. 😂